Video Time!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Car sounds absolutly spectacular! Nice deep growl and no raspiness. I also like how it does not seem to have much poping when letting off. :nice:

Now since the only real change was long tubes (had a high flow H before, right?) and the car is not blown then you dont need a new tune. I bet ya that if you dyno it the tune that it will only see 2 hp with the tune and that the A/F is more then safe to rev it WOT all the way to the limiter in any gear.

Dig the shifter too. Beautiful Stangs like yours really make me miss mine alot. :(

Car sounds absolutly spectacular! Nice deep growl and no raspiness. I also like how it does not seem to have much poping when letting off. :nice:

Now since the only real change was long tubes (had a high flow H before, right?) and the car is not blown then you dont need a new tune. I bet ya that if you dyno it the tune that it will only see 2 hp with the tune and that the A/F is more then safe to rev it WOT all the way to the limiter in any gear.

Dig the shifter too. Beautiful Stangs like yours really make me miss mine alot. :(

You are correct I use to have an MRT catted H pipe. The only change was LTs and the VRS catted X pipe. She has no rasp at all and is very smooth. Right now she will stall when cold and I put her in drive so I will need a new tune. Goal is 300 rwhp. Before the LTs and X pipe I was at 280rwhp.

Wow I had no idea that there was a ripper shifter for our cars. I really like that.

Here is a pic for ya.

Picture016-3.jpg

If you don't mind, would you care to briefly tell me how it works? I frequently manually shift my 4R70W and I know that it can't be the best thing for the tranny. Why do you keep turning the OD on and off?

I will turn over drive on when I get to around 50mph if I'm just cruising around to keep my RPMS down with the 4.10 gears.

What you do is lift up on the front lever, pull back once to get into revers then a second time to get into neutral. Once in neutral you no longer touch the lever. You then hit it back once to go into drive/3rd (0/D 4th) down again to go into second then down again to go into first. I will only put it in first when I'm at a dead stop. You can keep her in first and have fun, then slam into second, slam into third then hit the O/D button to go into forth. I have a transmission cooler so it shouldn't be to bad for it.

I will turn over drive on when I get to around 50mph if I'm just cruising around to keep my RPMS down with the 4.10 gears.

What you do is lift up on the front lever, pull back once to get into revers then a second time to get into neutral. Once in neutral you no longer touch the lever. You then hit it back once to go into drive/3rd (0/D 4th) down again to go into second then down again to go into first. I will only put it in first when I'm at a dead stop. You can keep her in first and have fun, then slam into second, slam into third then hit the O/D button to go into forth. I have a transmission cooler so it shouldn't be to bad for it.

LOL wow that sounds like fun.

I had an 01 GT with a 4R70W and added a leather shifter boot to give it that "manual look". I had to mentally keep track of what gear I was in because the boot covered the shift indicator. Is this thing similar (as far as keeping track what gear you're in)?

LOL wow that sounds like fun.

I had an 01 GT with a 4R70W and added a leather shifter boot to give it that "manual look". I had to mentally keep track of what gear I was in because the boot covered the shift indicator. Is this thing similar (as far as keeping track what gear you're in)?

No, on the left hand side there is a small indicator window with a red LED light. Just like the stock shifter it goes from P-1st.