Well this is what everyone has been waiting for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my car dynotuned today at prodyno....note dan and rob are awesome guys and really know their ****......anyway. So are you curious on what my car made. Well first off I have to say this. I have a stock fuel pump in the tank with a 255 t-rex fuel pump. I put 42s in there cause EVERYONE said too so I did. So now since the stock pump couldnt keep up after 4500 rpms it was overworking the injectors...they was at 100% duty cycle (not good) at like 4000 rpms. Ok at 4500 rpms the 255 sucks the lines dry because the stock in tank pump cant keep up. So at 4500 rpms the car made 457.93 rwhp and 484 rwtq. I dont think that is bad at only 4500 rpms. Dan said he was surprised it made such big number down low. He also said that my car with a intank 255 pump and get rid of the trex pump would very easily make 500 rwhp cant wait till the retune.....thanks Dan and Rob see you guys soon...BTW anyone near the Fortmill SC area Prodyno is the place to go. If they can get my car to make that kinda of power so easy then they can do wonders for anyone

oh yeah Rob said my car made 13.5 pounds of boost with NO belt slippage problems....And I am running a 2.75 with a stock crank pulley

• Sponsors (?)

Nice numbers, what type of Dyno was it?

I thought in your other thread you said you had a 255 intank fuel pump, I didn't know you were quoting the T-rex (which by the way is NOT a 255lph) that is definitely the issue you were having. I'm surprised they continued the dyno knowing you had that issue.

Don't worry belt slippage will show up with the small pulley, it is just a matter of time.... How hard to you have the belt tightened down currently to make it not slip and carry that amount of boost? If the belt is banjo string tight you wil take out the front main bearing and stress the snout of the crank is it best to loosen the belt make a little less power and save the bottom end.

457RWHP is just enough to split that thing in half:eek:

with that engine you have and the blower pushing almost 14 psi thats alot of air and fuel being used i would upgrade that pump ASAP i am suprised the stock pump even fed what it did. i'd get the 255 in tank pump and ditch the t rex like the tuner said.

and i second the notion to get some vids out, those are good numbers for sure and at that low rpm, it should creep up on 500 RWHP if you can get to it spin higher..

what did the car make on the first pull without any tune?? and how much power did you gain from the tune??

with that engine you have and the blower pushing almost 14 psi thats alot of air and fuel being used i would upgrade that pump ASAP i am suprised the stock pump even fed what it did. i'd get the 255 in tank pump and ditch the t rex like the tuner said.

and i second the notion to get some vids out, those are good numbers for sure and at that low rpm, it should creep up on 500 RWHP if you can get to it spin higher..

what did the car make on the first pull without any tune?? and how much power did you gain from the tune??

Yeah Dan said it was impressive to make such power at low rpms. When We first put it on there it made 267 and 343 I was like WTF...that is horrible and Dan laughed. He said watch this and he worked his magic. As far as kept dynoing it We was running into some problems before it accually put some numbers down. When we first got it hooked up he wasnt getting TPS signal from my car so we had to found out why. Come to find out 1 of the wires behind the intake had broke so we fixed it and it finally worked. so then he ran it and it would get to 3K and break up so bad he couldnt run it. He was like your iginition system is wack ( I was like geeez thanks lol) he said it is all of the place. Come to find out it was the BTM I still had it retarded as much as possible so we turned it off completely and thats when it put down the numbers. He said that my injectors was at 100 percent duty cycle and that when I hit 4500 rpms my fuel pressure goes from 70 to 30 cause the trex is sucking the line dry cause the stock one cant keep up. I have the dyno sheets but i dont know how to get it on here. Does Dan post them on his website. I think so I will go look. I know when my car was on motor the most I ever got from it was 320 rwhp so I gained as of right now almost 140 rwhp at 13 lbs. He said my AFR was PERFECT as it can get until 4500. He said it was 11.2 ( I think it was) the entire way and then when it hits 4500 it goes to 13.5 and he said if he keeps turning it WILL blow up. And if anyone remembers my thread about what my problem was about it not making power. MY plugs had fouled out:nice:

Anybody got any suggestions on how I can get MORE power to the ground without having to add to the motor. Once Iget this thing retuned and it puts 500 rwhp I am worried the block wont last long and I dont want to add no more power to it ( NEVER thought I would say that) but I do want to go faster ( never enough) so what are some inexpesive ways to get more power to the ground. I was thinking like subframe connectors and some battle boxes or such. I was thinking about some suspesion but I dont know what I am doing when it comes to that. I only work on performace (drivetrain wise) I did lower the car but just springs

Anybody got any suggestions on how I can get MORE power to the ground without having to add to the motor. Once Iget this thing retuned and it puts 500 rwhp I am worried the block wont last long and I dont want to add no more power to it ( NEVER thought I would say that) but I do want to go faster ( never enough) so what are some inexpesive ways to get more power to the ground. I was thinking like subframe connectors and some battle boxes or such. I was thinking about some suspesion but I dont know what I am doing when it comes to that. I only work on performace (drivetrain wise) I did lower the car but just springs

Yeah you need some upper and lower control arms and SFC, and welded up the TQ boxes. That will make the car feel 10x faster.

I see your not to far from me. Where do you buy your parts from?

Yeah you need some upper and lower control arms and SFC, and welded up the TQ boxes. That will make the car feel 10x faster.

I see your not to far from me. Where do you buy your parts from?

Well I usually order from online. mostly like summit, 50resto, CJpony parts, JEGS,and and maybe a few others. I have been to Moorsevile many times to the drag strip down there

you should know better considering most of the people that you know around town would've warned you lol

The only person that said not to go was Alex in the prochargered Cobra. HE said he heard lots of cars blow up down there. I heard TONS of people say that Dan knows his ****. MY car didnt blow up and feels REALLLLLY strong and it is not at its full potential. Dan uses the same SCT ships as Aaron does so I dont see how you say I should get a real tune. I heard Aaron tunes too safe from about 10 people that has been tuned by him. Not saying he doesnt do a good job but Dan will be more aggressive with my tune which is what I want

I do not understand why you would put all that money in the car and not upgrade to a bigger intank pump.....

Nice numbers. They could be alot better when you get the fuel supply you need.

well I mean I didnt know that the inline wouldnt be good enough. I guess I am an idiot...lol but I am just glad it has more power to come

Please dont take my comment as being rude. What I meant was usually the first thing people do is install a bigger pump as soon as they start to mod the car.
At least I always do anyhow.

It makes since about the inline pump suscking the line dry. It moves more fuel than the stock unit can supply.

I would install a walbro 255 intank asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.