What can you tell me about Atlanta GA

When I lived in Atlanta the worst thing was traffic, out side of that, there was always something to do and see.

All kinds of Race Tracks nearby, Road Atlanta with major road racing from Sports Cars, Motorcycles and Karting, Atlanta Dragway with NHRA, NMRA, FFW, tune & test and all kinds of other events, Atlanta Motor Speedway with NASCAR and Legends races, Dallas Dragway, Lanier and Sonoia Circle Track racing.

There is the World of Wheels Car Show downtown, Cruise-ins everywhere (my favorite was at Stone Mountain Park).

There is Lake Lanier nearby with all the water stuff you'd want, Kings Island Amusment Park North of the City, man, I can go on and on with all the stuff to do around Atlanta.

The curvy mountain roads not too far North.

Central to many Road Race Tracks in the SE Divison.

It did snow a couple times a year when I lived there but overall very nice year-round weather.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in NE Atlanta (Lawrenceville). I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but ATL is HOTTTTT!!! Whatever you do, live close to where you live because traffic is a bitch. On the other hand, because of the weather, I may sell my winter beater (daily driver) and get a bike.:D Plus, I can take the HOV lane with the bike. Overall, I like living in ATL.

Depending where your job is, closer is better because of traffic. Anywhere North of atlanta, outside 285 perimeter is considered the burbs. Duluth, Marietta, Alpharetta all very nice areas to live. Further north is fine to. Depends how much tollerance you have traffic. With you moving from Madison don't under estimate the impact of traffic and the time it will take you to drive from work. How much time will you tollerate for your commute?

I live in Marietta, Ga and i have to agree with everyone else. The traffic in the city of Atlanta is horrible and it reaches out really far, but other then that its pretty nice. If you do end up moving here check out Marietta, Kennesaw and Alpharetta because there all really nice areas. I really love where i am because i plan i doing some stuff to my car within the next year and modular powerhouse is less then 5 mins from me.

I visit every now and then. Traffic is bad, but not as bad as LA, as said above. Some days it's not bad at all.

Was up there last week at MPH, was stuck in 5 o'clock traffic in my newly s/c'd car as I left for home, and honestly, it was livable. And you know my right foot was itching for the floor ;).

And if you guys think the heat is bad up there, come visit us in New Orleans. I thought it was bad when I was there, but then I came home. Walked outside the morning after I got back, and the sweat came literally instantly.

They have photo radar
Everyone drives 85 in the 55 zone on I-80
It's close to Road Atlanta
It's 1.5 hours to the smoky mountains
The trip from Atlanta to Valdosta Ga. is 8 million 700 thousand miles (at least it seems like it)
If you were to compare Georgia's trade with all of the nations in the world it would be #7 (mostly due to Atlanta)
People from Atlanta, and Ga in particular are very polite, It's usually the outsiders that move there who are jerks.
They have a novel approach to crime, one of the suburbs of Atlanta (I believe it's Kennesaw) has a law that requires everyone to have a firearm. The crime rate in Kennesaw is very low BTW.

I work (not live) in Atlanta in IT. For IT jobs though Alpharetta and Cumming are where it's at right now.

city-data.com:

Estimated median household income in 2005: $39,752 (it was $34,770 in 2000)

Atlanta $39,752
Georgia: $45,604

Estimated median house/condo value in 2005: $218,500 (it was $130,600 in 2000)

Atlanta $218,500
Georgia: $147,500

Median gross rent in 2005: $770.
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2005: 26.9%
(6.4% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 39.2% for Black residents)

Atlanta, GA residents, houses, and apartments details

Races in Atlanta:

Black (61.4%)
White Non-Hispanic (31.3%)
Hispanic (4.5%)
Other race (2.0%)
Two or more races (1.2%)
Asian Indian (0.6%)
American Indian (0.5%)

Hahaha!!! What about interracial couples there. Can a blk/wht couple walk down the street in relative peace? I hear that there are all kinds of races dating each other and its not black vs white so much as in the 70's/80's.
I see a ton of interracial couples around here and haven't seen any backlash or bad talk about it.

Don't live anywhere near Alpharetta 400 is by far the worst thing to drive on during rush hour. Somewhere off of Cobb PKway would be aiight its still got traffic but has the suburban/ATLien feel. Some might say it's materialistic but driving down Peachtree St. at night is pretty tight. You'll catch a cobra or other sweet stang once n a while. Lake Lanier isn't the only lake either Allatoona is up by Kennessaw of Cobb PKway so there ya go.