Who else is going to ride out this Hurricane?

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,511
2,927
173
Florida
So, I am about 40 miles east of Tampa and one way or another I am going to see some hurricane action.... Not the first one as Irma went directly over my home 5 years ago...Who else is around here??
Based on what I am seeing the devastation of some multi million dollar homes up and down the west coast of Florida could be wiped out.....
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Ronin38
I hope you have a lot of sandbags and a good water pump. Best Wishes to you all down there.
Hard to believe the center is just west of Cuba but you're already getting heavy rain all over southern Florida! :eek:
 
Won't be real bad for us here (relatively speaking, compared to Florida's west coast), so we're hanging here in northeast Florida. Expecting 50mph winds, maybe some hurricane force gusts, lots of heavy rain (6"-12+"), foot or two higher tides and a river/coastal storm surge, which definitely means some localized flooding. Always a chance of isolated tornados. Losing power would be the biggest pain for me tho. Rains/storms start Wed night, Expecting a crappy Thursday. tapering off some time Friday. Sat should be nice for the yard cleanups.
 
I'm about to get destroyed. Looks like a cat 3 eye wall is going over my house. I just put up some plywood. I dont have enough for the whole house. This is going to suck with no elecricity for days. No internet, and my wife that complaines endlessly. I think the General lives in Pasco. Your next
Went 4 days without power here, after Irma..... BOTH sides of the Eye went over my home at cat 2.... Its not that tough....
Of course NO wife here, so I am sure it was MUCH easier, just me and Bentley....
DSCF0538.webp
 
Last edited:
Went 4 days without power here, after Irma..... BOTH sides of the Eye went over my home at cat 2.... Its not that tough....
Of course NO wife here, so I am sure it was MUCH easier, just me and Bentley....

Yea. I lost power for like 9 or 10 days with Irma. Power was restored up to 3 houses away from mine within 3 days or so, but took another week to get the rest of the street. And no power line damage was visible from my vantage point! All had to do with the power grid layout.

Be safe you guys over on the west coast (of Florida) and even inland also. Post an update when (or if) you get a chance. Good luck with everything.
 
I'll be fine up here in the West Panhandle near Tyndall. We had our go not too long ago and still not ready for the next.
I think the only thing that's going on in this area is all the transplants buying up all the water and TP as if we were located 500 miles south. :doh:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: General karthief
I'll be fine up here in the West Panhandle near Tyndall. We had our go not too long ago and still not ready for the next.
I think the only thing that's going on in this area is all the transplants buying up all the water and TP as if we were located 500 miles south. :doh:
I thought this one was going to twist left and go towards you again, but NOOOOO...
 
Yea. I lost power for like 9 or 10 days with Irma. Power was restored up to 3 houses away from mine within 3 days or so, but took another week to get the rest of the street.
Thats a long time without power... Not uncommon for some of my friends in Oregon to lose power for 14 days during a bad freeze.... Try no power when its 30 degrees outside.......
 
Yeah, I'm riding this storm out. Well, I'm Ohio, but still, I'm not moving.
I was born and lived in Oregon for 57 years before moving to Florida in 2012....
I remember watching these hurricanes and storms on the news and saying " who the fk would live there"? LOL
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ronin38
It;s going below me now. Si I'm on the good side. Maybe I won't be destroyed. Just for the record I pay almost 4k for home insurance
After this I can't wait to see what home insurance goes up to in florida.... Ridiculous what my Diesel truck jumped to this year.....