Nick Bos

Dec 7, 2016
Hello all,

I am thinking about purchasing a edelbrock 600 cfm carburetor (part number 1406). I'll be bolting it to the stock intake manifold that came with the original ford 302. The original carburetor was a motorcraft 2150, not sure if that helps. Anyways the question is if I need any gaskets or any adaption kits. I just want to make sure I have everything before I make this purchase. It seemed like I could just buy the carb and everything would bolt up easily but I'm not entirely sure anymore.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you and have a merry Christmas!

• Sponsors (?)

Hello all,

I am thinking about purchasing a edelbrock 600 cfm carburetor (part number 1406). I'll be bolting it to the stock intake manifold that came with the original ford 302. The original carburetor was a motorcraft 2150, not sure if that helps. Anyways the question is if I need any gaskets or any adaption kits. I just want to make sure I have everything before I make this purchase. It seemed like I could just buy the carb and everything would bolt up easily but I'm not entirely sure anymore.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you and have a merry Christmas!
To bolt it to the stock manifold, you'd have to use a 2-4bbl adapter.

I honestly don't recommend it. For less than $100 more than the plate you can get a decent new Chinese-made 302 intake from Jegs, Summit, or Speedmaster in their brands, or grab a good used Edelbrock, Holley, Weiand, or Offenhauser on Ebay. You could even order a new Edelbrock Performer 289 (Great street manifold for mostly stock engines) from Advance using one of their online-only big discount coupons to get a new one for the used price.