2Blue2's 1977 Cobra2 Driveway Build

stangnet_og.png
Interior and Upholstery - Seat Belt Update (with Bonus Under-carpet Archeology!) Let's face it, the newest IIs are now 37 years old. The seat belts in them have all seen their better days a long time ago. If your seat belt is frayed, brittle, faded, cracking, looking fuzzy, etc. and/or the retractor doesn't click, or even work at all anymore, it's honestly not doing you ANY...
favicon2.png
www.stangnet.com

Thanks 74stang2togo, Its a good writeup I haven't seen. The build sheet was fun to see, I'll bet mine has turned to mulch.

• Sponsors (?)

This is kind of mundane but posting it anyway.
Here it is the first day of high school and the son wants a ride to school in the Cobra 2. Daughter not so much.
I told him ok but I'm driving because of crazy first day school traffic (they will be on the bus everyday soon enough)

atC4UMIqRSSjvb1mBM8pjw.jpg MdDgbHnMRuOXJtLkdar3jQ.jpg mjOJsg5XS0+mimbj9BkOOQ.jpg

I told them to to hop out and pose but they have bigger things on their minds this morning.

Reactions: 1 users
All right some fun parts have arrived.
These are really the first go faster parts. (The bigger two barrel doesn't count, well its still a two barrel)
Cant install this weekend because I'm going camping, but soon.

QvUQiF9XST2Ubee9k3y0mQ.jpg

26.3 pounds of feel good iron

All right some fun parts have arrived.
These are really the first go faster parts. (The bigger two barrel doesn't count, well its still a two barrel)
Cant install this weekend because I'm going camping, but soon.

QvUQiF9XST2Ubee9k3y0mQ.jpg

26.3 pounds of feel good iron
Get to work! (Says the guy who's going to go spend the weekend with his girlfriend and ignore his II some more.)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I'm excited!
and the kid has expressed mild excitement too.
We talked about doing all the suspension and underneath stuff before engine upgrades.
Just make sure when you do the SFC that the load is on the wheels/suspension (I did ramps under the front wheels and jackstands under the rear axle). If you have it lifted by the pinch welds or frame, the SFCs will be a bitch to get on and will cause the frame to be "sprung".

Slightly re-routed brake lines, fuel hose, and fuel pump wire, including the modified mounting tab and the completed driver's side subframe connector installation.

Stole this quote from your thread

Yup. Look at ElSuperPinto's thead.

Now that I've read it again I remember reading it the first time
Good stuff, Thanks again...

I love stang net always getting good help and advise!

Reactions: 2 users
After much measuring and grey stuff in my head,
I'm just painting it, was gonna make son do it but he's off with his friends on a Saturday evening.
Wires and daughter are shopping
So the old man is painting something for fun.
This usually works better when no one is around...

v1RbYlcgT4uiYQwMGs54Dw.jpg

BcDzdfHYSXGjXWa+xez+hQ.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Ok one more of it clearing the curb (barely)then off to the real world
and its eventual bashing on some pregnant over size speed bump

jiBuT3SWRRmdmSVAC9RcGQ.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I just pulled in the driveway at speed letting it clunk thru the gutter and it just barely kissed the bottom of spoiler on driveway (it is kind of a steep driveway)

Calling it good enough

With the spoiler on its now 3 inches longer! ( the car not my .... get your mind out of the gutter theres not room for all of us down here)

• Clever
Reactions: 1 user