Progress Thread 89 hatch hydroplanedrifterweldeddiff thread:

• Sponsors (?)

I will and i def. will. I have too many close calls too often though. So we'll see. Lol.
A big part of the fun is the danger of drifting with curbs around. Not a lot of room if you make a big mistake..

Was a little rust hole here, (top mid door) but forgot to take before pics. So you only get finito. Lol. The primer/paint might be 3-4 shades off. But still damn close!
IMG_20201009_184110.jpg

Ya, i'll sand the end of the door and get it squared away some.

Reactions: 1 user
Just failed for a 3rd time trying to hydrodip the plastic cowl. Smh. Pissing me off man. 1st 2 times was ebay film abd old activator so i chalked it up to that

But now i used nice film and good activator, still wouldnt glassify so i could dip. Pissed.

I hydrodipped some dirtbike parts a couple yrs ago and it worked great. To add to this.

Last edited:
I also scrapped some tint a couple weeks ago trying to tint the rear window on that hatch, that didnt work. Lol. God. Not a big deal, like $20-30. Just the repeated failures get frustrating. So im here venting.

• Surprised
This is why many of my projects sit for longer than they need to. It's not because they're particularly hard or insurmountable barriers. It's just that I am consciously aware that these jobs will require a level of patience that is outside of the amount that is normally available. :O_o:

Therefore, days and sometimes weeks of meditation are required. The alternative is ending up with a bunch of :poo: in the trash can that exceeded my threshold for bull:poo:. :)

This concept is also a portion of the Honey-Do list that our beloved other halves often fail to grasp. :chin

Disclaimer: Trying to explain this to an engineer has the potential of making their heads explode, or at minimum, cause a reboot requiring several hours.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I hear that.

Yes, its proving to be difficult. Im going to do test pieces now. X water temp for X time, spray activate, until i figure it out and film dips right. All i gotta do is dip my fingter tip and, if even that. You can tell visually when the film is ready and right.

Mod of day:. Corbeau harness bar. Which was an inch short on each side. Not happy with fitment. Made it work, just had to get longer bolts and an assortment of washers/spacers for the top. And open up holes top and bottom a few thou.

Did pick it up for $120 though so that was nice. Just 1.5 hr drive. But talked to the guy for a good while.. had a nasty 8.2 deck dart block 363 fox. 150 shot. AFR 205's. G force T5. Didnt get a ride in it tho dangit!
IMG_20201024_175431944.jpg

Last edited:
Need to get a NRG bucket seat and harness now. But i want to wrap the car and get it 1 color first. So 1 step at a time.

Was going to attempt a solid motor mount install but im going to procrastinate on it some more. Lol.

Mod of day: solid motor mounts. Mustered up the motivation to give it a shot. It worked out ok. New motor mounts a bit higher cause clearance problem with rotor cap/strut brace. How did i get it on? Crow bar against manifold strut brace thanks for asking. Lol. I had to take cap off to get clearance jacking motor up for pass. Side. But i let it down before tightening of course, gotback to itlast and was like :poo:.

But before that, my jack decided it didnt want to go down. So had to go buy a new jack. (Was alrdy an issue a new jack has been needed)
IMG_20201025_192847662.jpg
IMG_20201025_181535697.jpg

Picked up the motor mounts for $20 a while back.

Drive test: do notice some new vibrations at idle and shutoff. Not bad at all.

HUGE difference in feel. No :poo:. Feels pure and solid, no lunging, immediate power transfer. Its awesome.

Last edited: