Progress Thread 89 hatch hydroplanedrifterweldeddiff thread:

• Sponsors (?)

I............ have..... no words..... for that.

:leghump: it carry on.. more power to ya but remember that wing is gonna add like 4 more 3rd gears to the car, like in the first two F&F movies. I dont think I ever saw them shift into anything but third.

be careful of the extreme amounts of downforce it will add, you may want to do a front wing as well to offset and even it out, a roof scoop will help as well.
1614362180320.png

Ok so this is a badass car actually.

1614362240545.png

ah the venerable mid 90s roof scoop :O_o:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Well kinda. It is kind of a joke, i find it hilarious but i am putting it on. Lmao.
Here's what i was talking about thats uhh rather crazy..
All the lolz. Just wait till i get the

Foxslider, I appreciate the fact you have a sense of humor about it.
Just put on your thick skin and carry on

Dare to be different?
Not around here...
Conform or be cast out.
Lol

At least it solves the need for wet sanding and buffing, and from here on out everything gets attached with zip ties right?

Looking forward to diffuser pics (an comments)

View attachment 672654

Reactions: 1 user
While the wing isn't my style - at all - I'm still amazed at how that Cobra lower bumper blends with the Fox bumper. I think I'd REALLY like to do the same (but probably won't. :shrug: ).

Well the fwd guys put big wings on the rear deck, you should put that wing on the front. Now that would be different , don't ya know.

I............ have..... no words..... for that.

:leghump: it carry on.. more power to ya but remember that wing is gonna add like 4 more 3rd gears to the car, like in the first two F&F movies. I dont think I ever saw them shift into anything but third.

be careful of the extreme amounts of downforce it will add, you may want to do a front wing as well to offset and even it out, a roof scoop will help as well.
1614362180320.png

Ok so this is a badass car actually.

1614362240545.png

ah the venerable mid 90s roof scoop :O_o:
Now thats crazy aero. I do think the they've gone overbored with it. Theres a GTR that has the most ridiculous front aero ever. huge front wing. lolol.

Yes. Its def. got some fast and furios vibes going on now. I just got it mounted. Its growing on me fast. i got a few extra bolts for the cut out floor pan so the NOS dont make my floor pan fly off. And like 13 gears. Its gonna be cool.

Foxslider, I appreciate the fact you have a sense of humor about it.
Just put on your thick skin and carry on

Dare to be different?
Not around here...
Conform or be cast out.
Lol

At least it solves the need for wet sanding and buffing, and from here on out everything gets attached with zip ties right?

Looking forward to diffuser pics (an comments)

View attachment 672654
I actually bolted the wing down. Most other stuff is zip ties. Iono, i still want my gloss damnit.

While the wing isn't my style - at all - I'm still amazed at how that Cobra lower bumper blends with the Fox bumper. I think I'd REALLY like to do the same (but probably won't. :shrug: ).
Thanks. They Do match up crazy good. i did nothing. 1 side/end of the 03 cobra like snapped into place into the inner fenderwell and lined up so good. i think the other fenderwell had well less than 1/8th in. over fox inner fenderwell.

Well the fwd guys put big wings on the rear deck, you should put that wing on the front. Now that would be different , don't ya know.

Theres a hillclimb GTR that has a huge front wing and the craziest aero ever. lol.

Now we need video of someone videoing you driving the car. In car camera is cool, but let’s get your buddy to stand on the curb and get some “spectator” perspective video!

I like unorthodox foxes. I put a lip and rear diffuser on mine. Purists were driven to insanity just by the mere sight. I often toy with the idea of buying a hatchback fox just to go all JDM on it.
659145EA-7593-49E1-B617-0B99432C8A74.jpeg

I will say, are those the tallest risers available? I think it would look a little more fluid if the spoiler deck height was closer to the roofline height. You know, drop it down a bit. Just my $0.02, carry on sir.

I hear that. lol. Right on. .Just what it came with. Ya i could lower it some if i wanted. I might need to lower it an inch or 2 would be better i bet. I did just impulse by a lip for the 03 cobra bumper off ebay last night so thats coming. Made a rear diffuser out of cardboard yesterday (very rudimentary just wanted to start and get some measurements) for a practice run. Going to make it this week or weekend. 1/4'' ply, carbon wrapped. Open to ideas for better design if i could make it look slicker somehow on the sides or something. I was thinking about going the full width maybe an inch out of each side?

edit: i decided to not run tailpipes b/c iono i prob should. haha. ( ADHD here) Mostly b/c id have to cut them back out when i do clutch change or whatever.

diffuser1proto.jpg
diffuserside1proto.jpg

Fender flares are coming soon i think. Got 2'' spacers for the front (on 1" now, those are going to rear) But not gonna be no where near enough to fill out for the rear flares, so prob wont run rear flares. Im hoping i can get away with another 1/4'' spacer and 245's up front will fill out the front flares enough.

Scored some pics from a drift event i went to this weekend. Was my first time on track. 3rd gear 45-50mph entry i think, Was fun. But my old :poo:ty skinny front tires didnt hold too long and delaminated on me so called it a day early as i went into understeer mode and plowed a half a football field a few times. lolol. Looking like a damn idiot.

GGPfoxdrift.jpg
GGPfoxdrift2.jpg