Cadillac ATS Brembo calipers

Check this out.

Caddy XTS brembo with the same spacers and rotor shim centers up beautifully.

1184276C-43EB-430B-ACF2-EC72430F7304.jpeg

However, the 13” rotor is a tad bit short. 0.7” short to be exactly.

634E5CBA-5203-4928-892D-59A1376172A6.jpeg

But. GT500 14” rotor is very similar to cobra 13” rotor, plus my revised bushing will drop Caliper down .120”.

That means this could possibly be a 14”
4-piston brembo option on SN95 spindles

I need to grab a gt500 rotor

• Sponsors (?)

Any chance you end up in the 'overbraked' category?

I did a brake bias calc and not much different than a 2000 R setup which is a 70/30 split which isn’t much different than standard cobra. Plenty of guys run that on foxes

Same diameter rotor, roughly the same pad area. 42mm pistons vs the cobra 40.5mm

Really, the only advantage the fixed, multipiston Caliper has over a floating setup is durability at extreme use. Those floating PBRs tend to spread under heavy use when racing. It’s one of the reasons PBR redesigned the C4/cobra Caliper into the stronger c5 and late C6 design. Guys were spreading them.

Really...it’s more for looks on a street car. Manufacturers get to charge a premium because...well....Brembo

I wouldn’t do the 14” setup on a fox though, but a heavy ABS equipped cobra with IRS? I’d do it

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Was riding by the office tonight and decided to stop in to machine the face of the mounting flange and clearance the holes for my new offset bushings I’ll make shortly.

Took off 0.075”. Only did one Caliper because I want to confirm everything fits then do the other one. If I screw up, I’ll jist buy another.
8C11AA78-6A5A-4DAE-9D65-1FD311DE0C78.jpeg

2305D486-29A4-429D-B359-B01A6A15EB69.jpeg

5F4A893B-5432-41BC-9478-B5A9B3E6E6B2.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
I run a Trax DPM 3 at work, it's obvious you aren't using yours enough, it's too clean :hide: . Phck, if I had a shop to put it in, I would have one myself, about the same price as a new car, plus you can make money with it. Fortunately, I can use the company one for "government jobs" during off hours:nice:

Done. New inserts got the job done. Just need to shave off maybe 2mm of pad material from the top. But this is bolt and go.

IMG_6409.jpg

IMG_6411.jpg

IMG_6418.JPG

It clears the spokes on the 98 Cobra wheel (like the 2000R brembos), but not on the 94-97 Cobra wheels, 99/01 Cobra wheels and 01-04 bullitt wheels. You'll need spacers.

IMG_6419.JPG

As for clearance with the rim...it's frickin tight. Maybe 1mm clearance between caliper and rim barrel

IMG_6424.JPG

Anyway, need to machine up a matching set for the other side, and then it's time to paint it.

Will I put them on my car?? We'll see.

Done. New inserts got the job done. Just need to shave off maybe 2mm of pad material from the top. But this is bolt and go.

Anyway, need to machine up a matching set for the other side, and then it's time to paint it.

Will I put them on my car?? We'll see.
Very nice! If you don't plan on making more of the bushings, any chance of sharing the solid model? I'm really interested in putting a set of these on!

I recently did the ATS caliper upgrade. I approached it a little different then what I've read. Easier for me in my opinion. I am now trying to get rims that will work and look good. Are there any years that will fit without a spacer?