Build Thread Eleanor Is Getting A Coyote Swap!!

• Sponsors (?)

Guys, I just ordered my power steering pump from Ford. Part number AR3Z3A674BRM . I wanted to make sure I got a ford part since I didn't want to get a cheap one from autozone or other places that weren't Ford OEM . My question is am I supposed to prime the power steering pump? Did you guys have too? Or just plugged everything in and filled the reservoir and turn left right left right till the whine sound was gone? @TOOLOW91 @89oem @RacEoHolic330

Guys, I just ordered my power steering pump from Ford. Part number AR3Z3A674BRM . I wanted to make sure I got a ford part since I didn't want to get a cheap one from autozone or other places that weren't Ford OEM . My question is am I supposed to prime the power steering pump? Did you guys have too? Or just plugged everything in and filled the reservoir and turn left right left right till the whine sound was gone? @TOOLOW91 @89oem @RacEoHolic330
Just filled it , turned right to left to bleed out the air pockets

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
Ladies and germs:

I've moved this thread over to the 67 forums at user request. I've also made it a temporary sticky in 2015+ forum, where it was originally created. This way, folks who are already interested can subscribe.

The forum mod will decide how long it should stay.

In the meantime, I'll be looking for a mod that will refresh the thread in BOTH forums simultaneously if it's posted to in either forum.

IMO, stickies are where threads go to die so be sure to subscribe while I try and find another solution. You will at least get alerts when it's posted too.

@67coyote This thread can currently reside in either of the forums that you choose. The sticky will be in the other until I find a better way.

@TOOLOW91 @89oem when I go to install the pulley how far down should I press it? I don't know if it should go down till it bottoms out? Also looks like the kit comes with a o-ring /washer / square but and bolt. How do these go installed?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    496.1 KB · Views: 287
i just ordered my BBK LT part number BBK16340 and the recommended gaskets which I'm not sure if I really needed them but the guy from BBk recommended I get BBK1410 which are premium gaskets. For those guys that used BBK headers did you also apply Ultra Copped RTV ? Or just the header gasket? Or both.

Also did you end up removing all studs that came factory on the heads for the headers? I'm not sure if I need to use all the bolts that come with the headers or if it's ok to just use the factory nuts. I don't want them becoming loose. I was looking at some type of locking nuts. Let me know what you guys did and if so far no leaks?

i just ordered my BBK LT part number BBK16340 and the recommended gaskets which I'm not sure if I really needed them but the guy from BBk recommended I get BBK1410 which are premium gaskets. For those guys that used BBK headers did you also apply Ultra Copped RTV ? Or just the header gasket? Or both.

Also did you end up removing all studs that came factory on the heads for the headers? I'm not sure if I need to use all the bolts that come with the headers or if it's ok to just use the factory nuts. I don't want them becoming loose. I was looking at some type of locking nuts. Let me know what you guys did and if so far no leaks?
So the pump I'm not sure of . It's been so long so some stuff is foggy . The headers I Believe we used the ford studs and nuts with no issue . We may have even used the ford gaskets too cuz I'm not a fan of the BBK gaskets .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I double checked, we just used the Ford studs, nuts and gaskets from the removed factory header. Don't use RTV or anything they fit perfect as is. And that'll make a mess if you need to "adjust" them for any reason during the build. I.e. Tighten and untighten etc,

The PS pump I got came with the pulley mounted as part of the bracket kit. It's reverse mounted but the billet pulley looks all the way on shaft if that helps

Thank you guys for getting back to me. I'll be canceling the headers gaskets then. I'll need to go to ford again to get me a set of OEM gaskets since for some reason they are shipping crate motors with on exhaust manifold (pass side) I don't get why they did that.

for some reason they are shipping crate motors with on exhaust manifold (pass side) I don't get why they did that.

??? Dang, I kept the factory shorties cause they were so nice, but theyre just garage wall art now, Ford owes you a header and a gasket....

Yeah my buddies had both too . That's strange

I'll be starting the ford power pack soon . Any advice when installing this? Easier to attach as many sensors and plugs to the engine before installing the motor I'm assuming?

We put the PCM in the passenger front fender ahead of tire and used the bolt holes that held the old air box along the rail to mount it to with a small homemade bracket. Im sure you could just make a mounting point since you dont have the airbox.. . We put the power pack in the passenger kick panel and fished the leads through the fire wall grommet (from old ECU), you could just cut a hole with hole bit and find an appropriate grommet, we then turned it immediately into the fender well through a factory hole between the shock tower and firewall, we had to enlarge the hole from the engine bay into the fender slightly to allow the plugs to pass through, all the wiring is hidden from sight when you look in the bay, in the fender well just ran it along the top rail, it looks like it will fet tire contact but wont, not enough travel in the wheel unless you do a double grasshopper (lol)

@TOOLOW91 (who's at mustang week) uncoupled the plugs from the wires and then reattached after running them to I believe the same PCM location. PCM was last thing mounted, wire loom is perfect length for locating as described.

Some guy mount the PCM in the bay same location but that doesnt look as nice in my opinion since your doing all that work

Ok guys I need some opinions here. I'm thinking of using some bed liner stuff like SPI Berliner or such in my engine bay. What do you guys think? It's either that or Sating black .

We put the PCM in the passenger front fender ahead of tire and used the bolt holes that held the old air box along the rail to mount it to with a small homemade bracket. Im sure you could just make a mounting point since you dont have the airbox.. . We put the power pack in the passenger kick panel and fished the leads through the fire wall grommet (from old ECU), you could just cut a hole with hole bit and find an appropriate grommet, we then turned it immediately into the fender well through a factory hole between the shock tower and firewall, we had to enlarge the hole from the engine bay into the fender slightly to allow the plugs to pass through, all the wiring is hidden from sight when you look in the bay, in the fender well just ran it along the top rail, it looks like it will fet tire contact but wont, not enough travel in the wheel unless you do a double grasshopper (lol)

@TOOLOW91 (who's at mustang week) uncoupled the plugs from the wires and then reattached after running them to I believe the same PCM location. PCM was last thing mounted, wire loom is perfect length for locating as described.

Some guy mount the PCM in the bay same location but that doesnt look as nice in my opinion since your doing all that work

How dos you do your fuel system? Did you keep it returnless? From what I have read it seems that the control pack is calibrated to use return style but then again the the rails on our coyote motors come with returnless fuel rails. Am I suppose to buy different fuel rail?

Has to have return line, We used an Aeomotive regulator, here's a pic of the PCM harness entering the bay and exits to wheel well behind regulator, fuel lines all route through the regulator, find a good place to splice to the existing fuel lines or run new, the fuel connects to the fuel rail as set on the drivers side.

Last edited: