Finishing Touches On Sc V2 Install

Kenne bell boost a spark. You can run a much wider plug gap with one I have read about guys having good results up to .45 under boost
I ran stock ignition gapped at .32 with no issues at 12psi the stock ignition is very good on these cars. I am not an msd fan after having multiple box failures and bad distributors.

• Sponsors (?)

"Tuner" is a relative term....
I help people tune their standalone efi all the time but I am not a "tuner"... I have fixed tunes that a "tuner" has written some of them just hit the "autocorrect" or "self-learn" button and call it tuned. :nono:
I have had my tunes go into a shop and the car will come back nearly undrivable... If I charged people for my help I could finally finish my car, but I am a hobbyist and the members here appreciate my help.
Speaking of "I keep trying to tell you that"...

Of course they " appreciate your help" ....you give it away. You should PM me so I can talk about stuff that the tenants forbid.

Little off topic but when the car was on the dyno it started to get a coolant leak...some was dripping down from the passenger side onto the ground. Once the car really warmed up it was actually spraying out the passenger side. Attached a pic of the area...I’m not sure if it was the heater core hoses but it did seem to increase when the rpms went up.

Right at the back above the valve cover.

Attachments

• 0C2FCB9A-024C-4F46-B63C-8E96C7A5A298.jpeg
    0C2FCB9A-024C-4F46-B63C-8E96C7A5A298.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 164
It could be the heater hoses or the coolant hose that goes from the hard coolant lines to the back of the EGR Spacer. I assume you still have them hooked up based on seeing the EGR emission stuff is still operational.

Reactions: 1 user
Rent a coolant pressure tester. Or buy one they are great to have around, fill the system with water, hook up the tester and pump it up to 10 psi, let it sit on there, chances are your leak is bad enough where it won’t hold pressure, diagnose the leak, if it does hold pressure then the tester sit on the car for an hour come back and check for wetness and if the pressure has dropped. If your close to RI ma area I’ll let you use mine I’ll come by and check the car out if your not close to me, rent a coolant pressure tester from pep boys.

I had a feeling you weren’t running out of fuel . Just wasn’t making sense .

Will say this the stock ignition is killer for what it is . I have ran 17.5 psi through my motor with a stock dist and 28 year old coil and beat up on some cars on the street. Maybe something is weak in your setup there . I know others that don’t use a ignition box as well on here

This cars turning into a flippin nightmare. It was the lower hose from the heater core. Father in law who’s normally more than capable changed it for me as I’ve been working 80hr weeks. Finally get a chance to take it out and car pulls hard but has a surge at roughly 3k rpms.

I decided to change the spark plug wires...as I’m changing them I notice the hose from the Evap that normally goes to the intake is disconnect and a vaccum hose is hooked up to the side of intake. I also notice the vacuum from my EGR is broken as well. I quickly switch them around and re hook up the evap. Take it for a spin and under light acceleration I get a little bit of popping and notice my AFR is hitting 17ish...medium throttle it returns to 13 and full throttle was 11.5ish.

Any thoughts ? What the heck am I missing