Finishing Touches On Sc V2 Install

• Sponsors (?)

Were the 42lb injectors new or used? It seems weird at that power level you are having those issues. Did your tuner tell you the injector duty cycle %?

It might be helpful to put in some Siemens Deka 60lb injectors if that hanger doesn't work.

Were the 42lb injectors new or used? It seems weird at that power level you are having those issues. Did your tuner tell you the injector duty cycle %?

It might be helpful to put in some Siemens Deka 60lb injectors if that hanger doesn't work.
Used but were tested before sent...from a reputable shop. I believe duty cycle was around 80%. If hanger doesn’t work the cars getting parked...after doing MAF, regulator and lots of dyno time I’m going to be out of $$ for this year.

Thats odd its got to be an injector issue or something obstructing fuel delivery. Well at least your fuel system will be able to handle more power in the future. What lines are you going to go with?

Something is off . I’ve never seen an issue with the 340 on the stock stuff but the explanation he gave does make sense and i have heard it before .

Then it does with the other pump too . I’ll bet there is a blockage or something somewhere too . Either way hanger and lines will solve that . -8 feed -6 return can take you way into 700s at tire from my experience so you’ll be golden.

Car's going back on the dyno in a couple hours...it took a couple weeks for the hanger to come in but its installed with -8 feed and -6 return. It's just going to the stock rails for now with the 42lbers. I'll upgrade the rails down the road...hopefully this solves the problem.

I'll keep you boys posted

Car made 452 @ 5k rpms and started leaning out again - duty cycle on the injectors was at 67% which seems fine.

He's suggesting just going to 60lbers and rails and be done with it.

Yup I’m still confused as to why injectors are at 67% duty cycle and not going higher but maybe they’re duds.

Will be nice to have all new fuel system though...atleast I’m good long term.

Yup I’m still confused as to why injectors are at 67% duty cycle and not going higher but maybe they’re duds.

Will be nice to have all new fuel system though...atleast I’m good long term.
Normally if the fuel system is to small the duty cycle will increase with no change in fuel delivery. If the duty cycle was above 90% I could go with that but not.
Unless he has the injector settings wrong....

Yeah I’m pretty confused. He’s a fairly reputable tuner but it just doesn’t add up. All I know is that with these FMS 60lbs and fuel rail it definitely shouldn’t go lean again.

Lucas injectors that we’re used.

This has been a nightmare

I went to a tuner once that made a lot of money upselling stuff. He would cause issues in the tune and try to sell parts for install time money. He tried to tell me I needed a new distributor ( that he just happened to have NIB ). I left there with one partial pull on the dyno. I drove with that distributor for atleast 9 more years. The average Joe woulda bought it and let him install stuff.

I think that guy ended up getting stabbed... not by me :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users