Finishing Touches On Sc V2 Install

• Sponsors (?)

And heres another update -

After speaking to another reputable tuner he feels that the problem is somewhere in the tune of the MAF and not my injectors/rails. I actually called this shop to purchase injectors and rails and they talked to me out it which is pretty rare...the parts guy actually went and grabbed the owner of the shop which is also the tuner and we had a good 30 min conversation.

He's convinced that the MAF is pegging and not allowing more fuel from the computer...told me I'd run into the exact same problem with 60lb'ers and rails. The duty cycle @ 67% is telling us it's not an injector problem.

His assumption is the tuner is not rescaling the maf properly which has caused this very consistent issue ?

Any thoughts on this guys?

This shop that I spoke to this morning wasn't fishing for work either - told me if I wanted them to tune it he's booked for the next 3 months....he just didn't want to see me waste money.

I brought up this same information in post #56, you guys even switched the MAF out after the first one was pegging at 4.9v. I dont know how many times i said something about this is not right.
I know your doing what the tuner suggests but IMHO he has talked you into spending huge sums of money in parts and labor for nothing and that sucks. If this turns out to be the problem he should make it right by you.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree - I managed to get the car into another tuner tomorrow at 3:30pm. Apparently one of the best tuners around - he had a cancellation and after I told him the story he said he's very confident it's the tune.

If he can tune it as it sits I'll be having a long chat with the previous guy.

This is some light reading for you. Read under Write-ups= MAF How it works?

http://efidynotuning.com/

Short answer is your MAF reads from 0V-5V to give the computer the airflow going into the engine. When the MAF PEGS the engine doesn't see the increase of airflow still going into the engine and leans immediately as it is part of the AFR Calculation.

You fix this by scaling your Engine CID, MAF Transfer, and Injector Settings, so your MAF sensor can "read" higher airflow numbers than the sensor is supposed too.

MAF Flow Numbers:
  • EEC-V flow 64 lbs/min (1,750 kg/hr)
  • EEC-IV flow 86 lbs/min (2,350 kg/hr)

If you need to get your MAF Transfer Curve for your particular MAF: http://efidynotuning.com/maf.htm

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
"Tuner" is a relative term....
I help people tune their standalone efi all the time but I am not a "tuner"... I have fixed tunes that a "tuner" has written some of them just hit the "autocorrect" or "self-learn" button and call it tuned. :nono:
I have had my tunes go into a shop and the car will come back nearly undrivable... If I charged people for my help I could finally finish my car, but I am a hobbyist and the members here appreciate my help.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
The anticipation is killing me, I’m curious as to what actions you could take to try to get some money back from the old tuner. He’ll probably just tell you that your :poo: out of luck basically. You could write a scathing online Google review, Always helps me feel better.

Thanks again boys - currently at a truck stop right now with the truck and trailer grabbing some lunch on way to the new tuner.

It’s about a 4hr round trip for me but I’m sure it will be worth it if he can get it running right.

Ready to roll

Attachments

• EBFC1648-A1E3-4A56-9ADA-9145A9F37417.jpeg
    EBFC1648-A1E3-4A56-9ADA-9145A9F37417.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 134
So everything went pretty well at this tuner...he actually found no fuel issues at all. Car made 463rwhp and 460tq very conservative on timing.

Only issue we were seeing was the car is blowing out spark at roughly 5850rpms...you can definitely hear it.

My MSD 6AL went bad awhile back so it’s just running stock ignition with stock coil right now and running about 10-11lbs of boost.

This guy was fantastic though and super helpful...fuel definitely was not my issue.

Reactions: 1 user
That so sick man. Have you tried closing the gap in the plugs. Happy boosting, the first time you drive your car after getting it back from the tuner is seriously the best feeling, other than having your kids and marrying your wife.

That so sick man. Have you tried closing the gap in the plugs. Happy boosting, the first time you drive your car after getting it back from the tuner is seriously the best feeling, other than having your kids and marrying your wife.
I feel so much better about it now - like a weights been lifted off of me. The trip was worth it and I can’t wait for a sunny day.