Engine Foxbody Mustang A/C Compressor Reseal - Nippon-Denso 6P148A

• Sponsors (?)

My box is unopened Do not want to open it unnecessarily
After finding that YC138 number, I punched it into ebay and found item # 313689932257
It does not have the triangular mount I expected to see and that one looks more like a 10P15?
You look at that YC54 they have on there FastSVO, and see if that looks like yours, with the 2 inlets and 2 outlets on top

Yes, those compressors are for newer models. I did find a new "Ranshu" branded 6P148A, but unsure of it's quality.

So I ended up getting my hands on a clean F0ZH-19D623-BA compressor. I ordered the parts to rebuild this. The main seals are easy to find, but the shaft seal seems to be harder to get these days.

I ordered a shaft seal kit based on some of the comments in this thread so I’ll update when the parts all come in.

I’m going to do this one with the intent of making a YouTube vid and then I’ll add it to the first post. I figure the pics and instructions are good, but some folks need to see things done. Plus I’ve been having fun with the whole YouTube channel thing (mustang5l5 is the channel name)

34F456C7-4498-4F5C-B958-F83AC0AAF20D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got the new shaft seal from a different vendor. Need to confirm but it looks right.

GPD 1311262

Got it off Rockauto at the cheapest price. Looks like the correct seals, plus new crush washers for the bolts as well as a new c-clip and a misc O-ring I’ll need to identify. Seems as if it’s the parts needed to pull the clutch and front cover off to only change the shaft seal. I’ll open this up shortly to confirm

Body o-rings should be here shortly.

F30857F0-0A81-4DB2-AFBD-C1C5A16D7088.jpeg
CDDB892F-1BCE-424D-B669-07894D2EC457.jpeg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Got the new shaft seal from a different vendor. Need to confirm but it looks right.

GPD 1311262

Got it off Rockauto at the cheapest price. Looks like the correct seals, plus new crush washers for the bolts as well as a new c-clip and a misc O-ring I’ll need to identify. Seems as if it’s the parts needed to pull the clutch and front cover off to only change the shaft seal. I’ll open this up shortly to confirm
What's the difference between that GPD kit and the Omega Environmental Technologies MT2039 shaft seal kit (which I think is the same as the Santech K20-3115 seal kit) that I currently have squirreled away for possible future use? Quite a difference in price too (<$4 vs >$21), which leads me to believe there is some difference between them.

What's the difference between that GPD kit and the Omega Environmental Technologies MT2039 shaft seal kit (which I think is the same as the Santech K20-3115 seal kit) that I currently have squirreled away for possible future use? Quite a difference in price too (<$4 vs >$21), which leads me to believe there is some difference between them.

Unknown. The photos looks exactly the same as the GPD kit. I have to imagine there aren’t many vendors making shaft seal kits for a 30+ year old compressor.

Reactions: 1 user
Remaining rebuild seals showed up. Arizona air had a $5 charge under $20, so I found the valve core kit for less than that which brought the total to enoigh to not incur the $5 charge. These cores will work on the low side manifold.

Bought new SS bolts as well. Now to find time to sit down and do it. I am going to reuse the clutch. It looks to be in excellent shape.

6619402F-6C2E-4813-9D2C-09D2EAF7574F.jpeg

Pretty straightford now. Not much to these. This compressor was even cleaner than the one I previously rebuilt. My guess is that it recently came off the car.

I did make a YouTube vid showing me tearing this thing down.

Next up, fully clean this up, and paint the housing.

A690D8CD-B3B6-421E-B258-28AE2CA6FBC8.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user