Brakes Front brakes heating up, pressurizing fluid, pedal stays up

• Sponsors (?)

@Mustang5L5 , Im tearing all this down and since going this far, Im gonna replace the master cylinder again, its all rusted up and messing with my head anyway from a clean up the engine bay standpoint, so which brand you like for that? I know they mostly same but whose? I'll then coat it in clear paint to stop the surface rust.

Less that 10 miles on this MC.

IMG_0719.jpg

• Surprised
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
My building was not insulated at the time of install on the MC I think... and had condensation issues in the barn.

It is now foam insulated and HVAC so Im all nice and cozy in here now.

Heh

Reactions: 1 user
Any particular bleeding kits you guys like? Buying the MC is the easy part, that bench bleed is a killer!

Mike

I just bought two premade lines from local autoparts store and bent them into a U shape to redirect back into the MC. Nothing really fancy.

picture this, but I used hardline
brake_booster_13_bleed.jpg

PV is off. I believe the rear and nearest ports are for the front brakes. I'll read up above about inspecting and rebuilding. I have also attached a picture of the booster... it's had better days eh?

Mike

IMG_0720.jpg
IMG_0721.jpg

Hmm...did you have a leak? That booster looks like it's been seeing brake fluid.

If brake fluid seeps inside the booster, it can degrade the rubber and cause it to fail over time.