Head Swap Build Thread: And other Improvements

• Sponsors (?)

whenever I want to buy them. Ive had his cam for almost 3 years now. I asked him which heads he would suggest for what I have and what would work good w/ the cam he made up for me before and this is where we are now.

From Ed...

Also, don't think port volume (205, 225, 240 or 250) you have to think cross section. Each cylinder head has a different runner length and as such a 240 volume high port is not going to have the same cross section as a 230 volume twisted wedge. Sam for the 225 AFR heads with their middle length runners. I prefer to get the correct port shape, cross section and bowl volume and whatever the overall ports size it ends up, so be it.

Well not much to report due to the cold weather and no new parts bought as of yet but that will be changing in the next few months, things should start to become much more active as far as finishing up this project. Did get around to repainting the dizzy today.

003-50.jpg

002-52.jpg

001-39.jpg

Thanks kurt, I thought it turned out pretty good for rattle can flat black. I put a coat of clear on it but it made it to shiny so I hit it w/ another coat of flat. Im trying to keep away from the Polished/chrome/Shine look. I want it all to be flat dull colors under the hood. think the chrome shine bling thing has been done to death by now

Stopped by the powder coating place today, its about 5 miles from where I live. Talked about price and brought over what I wanted done. The accessory brackets and the upper/lower intake. Price will be around $300. Just undecided on the colors I want to go with. I would like to do the upper/lower in wrinkle black but unsure about the brackets but I am leaning towards gunmetal Gray

The lower is just the bare metal the upper has the stock coating on it. He said they use a rubberized 3M wheel that does not damage the metal but strips everything else off, not sure if that takes off existing power coat or not but I always thought anything powder coated had to be stripped down to the metal anyway. When I was asking about intake clean up I was mostly asking about the RVT that was still stuck to the lower. He said the less prep work he has to do the less it will cost me

I want to cut down the cost on the powder coating as much as I can so whats the best thing to use to strip off the coating that's already on the upper? The lower is bare already. I was thinking aircraft stripper