Administrative Just a Heads Up

RevHeadKurt,
Does this mean they are not doing temporary layoffs, but permanent cuts? Or are the airlines just shutting down? That really sucks if it is what is going on. Financial gurus instruct us to have 3-6 months emergency funds available, but this is taking longer than 6 months. And when it’s under control, people are going to be traveling again and your skills will be needed. So how are you at crop dusting?
The local Hyvee has a pick your pack from craft brew varieties.
I’d send a 6 pack and a sympathy card if I thought 90-100+ degree weather and the delivery drivers would not ruin it on the way.

It's a bloodbath. They are cutting the airline by a 1/3rd. We have already sent 72 airplanes out to be turned into Mountain Dew cans. Looks like I'm senior enough to make it though, so no sympathy for me is necessary. I'll be at the bottom of the barrel for the next 3 years, and there is a possibility I'll have to go back to Detroit, but I'll have a job. Delta is by far the strongest financially, and will survive. We have really sharp financial people at Delta. The date of a vaccine or whatever is not the issue, it's the crushing recession that follows. They are projecting a recession on par with the 2007 recession that is going to last through 2022, and air travel won't reach pre-Rona levels until 2023. These people really know what they are talking about, and I am very confident that their projections are very much based in solid fact based speculation.

Kurt

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

It's a bloodbath. They are cutting the airline by a 1/3rd. We have already sent 72 airplanes out to be turned into Mountain Dew cans. Looks like I'm senior enough to make it though, so no sympathy for me is necessary. I'll be at the bottom of the barrel for the next 3 years, and there is a possibility I'll have to go back to Detroit, but I'll have a job. Delta is by far the strongest financially, and will survive. We have really sharp financial people at Delta. The date of a vaccine or whatever is not the issue, it's the crushing recession that follows. They are projecting a recession on par with the 2007 recession that is going to last through 2022, and air travel won't reach pre-Rona levels until 2023. These people really know what they are talking about, and I am very confident that their projections are very much based in solid fact based speculation.

Kurt
We’ve taken a beating here at Gulfstream. Main Service center has been gutted and a few smaller ones shut down. People just aren’t flying, whether commercial or private.

Thank god for military aircraft.

Yeah man, I thought everyone knew that. I've been trying my hand at this flying airplanes thing for 22 years now. I fly airplanes for this company called Delta now, you probably never heard of it. What other possible reason could there be to endure the sespool that is Atlanta? That's my side gig, my full time mission is to out curmudgeon you.

Kurt
Now you know why I left aviation & my A&P mechanic days behind and got an electronics degree so I could fix computers and peripheral computer equipment. The work has been steady and a hospital can be run without doctors and nurses, but not without computers and computer services. I have been blessed to be considered essential personnel during the COVID-19 outbreak and get paid normally. Thank you, Jesus :hail:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
We’ve taken a beating here at Gulfstream. Main Service center has been gutted and a few smaller ones shut down. People just aren’t flying, whether commercial or private.

Thank god for military aircraft.

I am familiar with the problems at Gulfstream. While private jets are on the uptick, they aren't for transatlantic. It's a :poo: sandwich, and everyone has to take a bite.

Kurt

• Agree
Now you know why I left aviation & my A&P mechanic days behind and got an electronics degree so I could fix computers and peripheral computer equipment. The work has been steady and a hospital can be run without doctors and nurses, but not without computers and computer services. I have been blessed to be considered essential personnel during the COVID-19 outbreak and get paid normally. Thank you, Jesus :hail:

Smart move. Aviation is so fickle. When the economy catches a cold, aviation catches pneumonia. I have been at almost full pay this whole time. Been working the whole time either. It's hard to take it seriously when you are out there business as usual. I have been working fewer days, and I kind of rely on those hotel gyms to catch a break and burn off some weight. Fewer hotel nights, and closed gyms has caused a little weight gain, so that's why I am ditching the beer for awhile.

Kurt

The ups and downs in aviation is what makes it sporting. I have been lucky in the fact we had huge projects going pre corona that seem to be lasting through it. Sometimes, usually when I’m at work on a holiday, I wonder why I got into aviation in the first place.

The ups and downs in aviation is what makes it sporting. I have been lucky in the fact we had huge projects going pre corona that seem to be lasting through it. Sometimes, usually when I’m at work on a holiday, I wonder why I got into aviation in the first place.

You have been lucky. I still know a lady (retired AF A&PI with a list of qualification as long as both of your arms and a science degree in Aerospace Maintenance Technology) who lives in her Van/Bus because of all the relocations she goes through.

I've encouraged her to tell them all to go eff themselves and that she should take one of the many maintenance jobs going back out the desert.

Man ain’t that the truth.

Thankfully I’m more involved with heavy structures mods which keeps me safe (usually) from RIFs. It can get pretty tiring though. The sky is always falling for some.

Man ain’t that the truth.

Thankfully I’m more involved with heavy structures mods which keeps me safe (usually) from RIFs. It can get pretty tiring though. The sky is always falling for some.
What I find crazy is that this time last year we were facing the biggest A&P shortage ever. Wages were up, couldn’t find anyone to hire. Now there are more people than positions, over a silly virus.
There are only a couple places that are truly stabile in aviation and they are located in sh*tholes. If I could convince my wife, I’d go to Fedex, even if it meant living in Memphis.