• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors(?)

LILCBRA

I wish I didn't have all of these balls in the air
15 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
I installed a 120mph speedo and a v8 tach and the pointers were mismatched. They are metal. I cleaned mine with alcohol on a cotton ball then repainted them with reflective paint for gauge pointers. I used this brand in red but here is a link for orange.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/ORANGE-Needle-instrument-cluster-gauges/dp/B0031VVID8

Here is white needle paint.

Cool, thanks! Wasn't sure if the speedo and tach were plastic or metal. That helps! :nice:

79PaceKar

Jun 28, 2020
Eugene,, OR
Finally having time for the stereo 8 Track installation. It seems neither of the players I have work. As mentioned before way more expensive to repair then I am willing to pay. I will still look for a working one, but for now I am moving on. I have a black face and silver face radio. thinking the silver will look better as most back then were silver. Still need to repair the massive hole in the dash. My secret audio system is from my display. I sold these at car shows. Tested it yesterday. Found a bunch of CDs still in the player. Wondered where they had gone..... The display is, as shown, very small. Just need to figure out where to put it without having it look odd AND being able to read the display.... It is remote controlled so don't really need to have it somewhere I can reach. Comes with an amp. 4 X 35. Just enough power. Monday I am leaving for a 10 day vacation. Wife has a very stressful job so she wants to go on another cruise....this time to the Panama Canal. So all my projects get to sit for a while. Then the holidays then the Bowl season is upon us............GO OREGON DUCKS! Have enough points on my CC to get an airplane ticket for the PAC 12 Champ game in Vegas..... Cheers.

Attachments

• Black 2.jpg
    Black 2.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Silver 2.jpg
    Silver 2.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 24
  • CD Tuner.jpg
    CD Tuner.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 23
  • CD Changer.jpg
    CD Changer.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 23
  • CD Amp.jpg
    CD Amp.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 30

2Blue2

will be trying this sex one when I can find it
Mod Dude
Mar 5, 2019
Oahu
I really enjoy reading you thread updates.

79PaceKar

Jun 28, 2020
Eugene,, OR
Hello again. I have returned from our cruise thru the Panama Canal. It's still there working fine. Picked up parts I had power coated black before I left. Must say they look good. Also had an aluminum battery box done. Finally got my new heads today. Purchased from a company in Fresno Cal. Found them on ebay. Hope to start working on my engine in January. Need to get back to wiring next week. Spending this weekend in Las Vegas going to the PAC 12 Championship game.......GO OREGON DUCKS. Game on Friday night on ESPN. My wife and I will be wearing yellow so look for us.....We will wave. I also have a plastic yellow duck hat... Just think of a big rubber duckie for the bathtub with stuff stuck into it with flashing LED lights.............Been seen on TV. At the Rose Bowl and on the old TV show about Southwest Airlines.....Wishing everyone a most blessed and safe holiday season beginning this weekend and throughout the month.

Attachments

• A Door Handles.jpg
    A Door Handles.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: 2 users

79PaceKar

Jun 28, 2020
Eugene,, OR
Back from Las Vegas and the PAC 12 championship game......Oregon got whipped by Utah. Wife went into hysteria and stopped breathing during the 4th quarter. Finally got her breath this morning as she had to go back to work......Doing better now but I am keeping an eye on her. Now for good stuff. Finally got my upholstery set. Took front seats and new covers to upholstery shop today. Hope to have them back in March. Don't need them until then anyway.Was told when I called they are so far behind in work they don't think my seats will be ready until March. But was told they always have times between jobs or waiting for parts to work on projects like this. installing front speakers into the door panels and large rear speakers into the rear panels. I bought a bunch of high stereo wiring from a Radio Shack when they were closing stores. Offered $5 each for some amp install wire kits. Got three kits for $5 total. Went back and got more stuff.....:jester: Hope to have my 8 track installed and wiring for the secret audio done by the end of the week. Then starting the wiring for the dash board and engine gauges. Then the engine. I seem to have a bunch of extra parts now. Just found a 300 watt new stereo amp. Free to anyone who needs it.

Last edited:

2Blue2

will be trying this sex one when I can find it
Mod Dude
Mar 5, 2019
Oahu
Free amp whoo who!

I'm seriously considering trying to talk ya into wiring the 8 track ~ get this ~ Mono!:coff:

Reactions: 1 user

79PaceKar

Jun 28, 2020
Eugene,, OR
Can not get any of the three i have to work properly. don't want to send $500 to have it worked on with no warranty longer then 6 months. I really want to get at least one to work, but can not find anyone local to work on them. Still looking.....

Enzio

Dang it. I was hoping mine would get 3 more inches
May 14, 2019
Minnesota
Can not get any of the three i have to work properly. don't want to send $500 to have it worked on with no warranty longer then 6 months. I really want to get at least one to work, but can not find anyone local to work on them. Still looking.....
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I remember when they came out and they only lasted about 6 months. The tapes sometimes lasted 6 days.

• Haha

79PaceKar

Jun 28, 2020
Eugene,, OR
True. My 79's cassette player lasted about 6 months. I was stationed in Germany at the time. Had a hard time getting it repaired. Then I was sent back to the states for a few weeks training. Took the stereo out of the Mustang and took it to the Ford dealer near the base for repair. Had to explain how I bought it in Germany bring new from Ford. Got it repaired. Took the Bee Gees CD that was stuck in it and smashed it..........

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
True. My 79's cassette player lasted about 6 months. I was stationed in Germany at the time. Had a hard time getting it repaired. Then I was sent back to the states for a few weeks training. Took the stereo out of the Mustang and took it to the Ford dealer near the base for repair. Had to explain how I bought it in Germany bring new from Ford. Got it repaired. Took the Bee Gees CD that was stuck in it and smashed it..........
A CD in a cassette player, that’s a problem.

• Winner