King Cobra Build in Oregon

Nice - thanks guys! Yeah, I'll take the cluster housing as well if you don't need it. My lens was yellowed so bad it made it hard to see the gauges so I took it out with the intention of trying to polish it to clear again (like you can headlights). It was broken somewhere along the way so now I'm missing that piece too. :suicide:
@79PaceKar send me a message in PM and we'll exchange info. Thanks a bunch, it's much appreciated!!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't believe I'll need the plug. I'm sure they were all the same. I mean if your harness is in one piece you might be able to sell it to someone OR maybe you could make a deal with Phil Schmidt - I'm sure he'd take it if it's not butchered. If it IS butchered and you don't mind cutting the wires or whatever, you can send it just to be sure I'll be able to plug my harness into it. It's up to you. And thanks again!! :)

The rims I have talked about arrived today. Test fitted and they are way to big, as the photo shows. Gave it a try, no worries. Feel free to buy them. Finished first test fit of the gauge support for the dash. Painted the support yellow. Will be trimmed in black. don't know if this is to much yellow, but will test fit into Mustang soon.

Attachments

• New rim.jpg
    New rim.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Yellow Dash.jpg
    Yellow Dash.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: 1 users
The rims I have talked about arrived today. Test fitted and they are way to big, as the photo shows. Gave it a try, no worries. Feel free to buy them. Finished first test fit of the gauge support for the dash. Painted the support yellow. Will be trimmed in black. don't know if this is to much yellow, but will test fit into Mustang soon.
The rims are way too big? Do you mean they're rubbing on the springs and/or body? Or do they stick out too far?

Just cancelled my order for Edlebrock heads from CJ Pony. Talked with a supervisor and found out Edlebrock is not shipping items that are ordered. So it is not CJ Pony holding up order. Found a set on ebay, item 372038104093. Compares with what I had ordered. Will let you know how this works. Details are pretty close. Not sure if my 8 track works properly. Tried to hook up to a speaker but nothing happened. Need to recheck. Found someone on the NET taht works on these................very proud of their work and the price shows. But there are not many still working on 8 track players. I have a CD player that is new in the box. Hiden Audio. Sold them when I sold my LED systems at car show. This one was my display unit with big amp and big speakers....Beach Boys sounded really good!!:banana::banana:

Reactions: 1 users
Heater Blower Wiring. Replacing the heater blower motor started out sooo easy.. Buy a new blower motor, remove old blower, take off fan cage (Cage? Who names this stuff?) and put on new motor. Install.........Well the wire diagram and shop manual show two plugs. I can only find one. The three connector plug. Can not find the single wire plug and there is no cut wire. So, the single connection on the thermal resistor is support to go to the blower orange wire???? Motor black goes to ground. Anyone have and ideas??? Can i just jump from the single spade on the resistor to the orange wire on the motor or is there another secret wire I need to find..............AND what does the resistor thingie do anyway? Thanks

Attachments

• Plug 1.jpg
    Plug 1.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Plug 2.jpg
    Plug 2.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Plug 3.jpg
    Plug 3.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 57
So I finally opened the box yesterday. They weren't nice to it in transit. The back part of the housing has a couple pieces that broke off and the front part of the housing has a big chunk taken out of it, but the things I'm interested in are all alright. Thanks again!

Quick question for anyone who may know - will acetone on a rag damage the needles of the gauges? I'm thinking of using the colored LEDs and painting the needles all white instead of the factory red/orange but want to remove the green that you've painted them. And is there a specific paint that works better for that? I tried using model car paint markers long ago which didn't work like I was hoping.

So I finally opened the box yesterday. They weren't nice to it in transit. The back part of the housing has a couple pieces that broke off and the front part of the housing has a big chunk taken out of it, but the things I'm interested in are all alright. Thanks again!

Quick question for anyone who may know - will acetone on a rag damage the needles of the gauges? I'm thinking of using the colored LEDs and painting the needles all white instead of the factory red/orange but want to remove the green that you've painted them. And is there a specific paint that works better for that? I tried using model car paint markers long ago which didn't work like I was hoping.
If they are acetate, that will be bad. They probably are not, but...