Looking for Idea/advice on build

• Sponsors (?)

I think that is only possible with the small base circle cam... otherwise the lifters stick out of the bore too far.
my current cam is a billet comp... so i want to reuse it
Looking back at the research from my build you a correct, you would have to use small base circle cam.
Looks like link bar lifters are in your future.

The small base circle came are frowned upon in the camshaft world. They take meat out of the core so the roller lifters will ride lower in the block and get oiled correctly. This makes the camshaft more prone to flex and the valve train unstable. Link bar lifters are the correct way to do it, and you can reuse your cam.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
Don't know anything about their quality. Just saw this on another forum and thought it was worth sharing:
1550132239341.png

1550132286170.png

https://spprecision.com/engines/ford-engines/

It's a good price, although missing the rear rotor rings. Comes with the center section so you'll need to see if you can buy the wildwood rotor disk for the rear. Also I don't know what MC is ideal for the setup so that may also be additional cost.

It's a good setup, but the downside is sourcing parts from wilwood. You'll have to see what sort of shape those front rotors are and the pads and see if you need to buy all new rotor rings and pads.

https://www.wilwood.com/rotors/rotorlistlanding

I have no idea what rotors they use and tried searching. I guess that's the first hurdle

LMR says i need to use a 302 oil pump in the 351 swap pan??? WTF??? if the oil pump drive shaft are different sizes how does that work?? can i use my cam sensor and the 302 oil pump and some special 351 length 1/4 drive rod??

LMR says i need to use a 302 oil pump in the 351 swap pan??? WTF??? if the oil pump drive shaft are different sizes how does that work?? can i use my cam sensor and the 302 oil pump and some special 351 length 1/4 drive rod??
Just took a quick look through my build receipts, I used a Melling M83 (standard volume) oil pump and Melling IS83 pump shaft.
This is with the Ford Racing 351w swap pan, not sure why they're telling you that.
I run a regular distributor and did have to cut down the dist. shaft about 1/4", not sure how it will work with your cam sensor.