Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

This is all silly.

I will explain :D

[As if] this is the last brake thread we're going to see from 5L5 :rlaugh:

Put the brakes on that fit. You'll be yanking it all off again [next] winter once you lay your hands on some golden set of XXXX calipers from whatever wrecked exotic and go about fitting them in the rims. It will be what catches your eye about your next brake system when you come across it. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
All good points everyone. I’ve decided to not run the Brembos. It just allows me more options on wheels.

now trying to determine if I can still get away with using the Baer MC. This thing is sexy!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
All good points everyone. I’ve decided to not run the Brembos. It just allows me more options on wheels.

now trying to determine if I can still get away with using the Baer MC. This thing is sexy!
Was really hoping for the latter. Enjoyed your adventure with the Brembo setup. Still dealing with my rear Taurus conflict, but will starighten it out soon. Maybe you'll revisit this one day, and the Brembo saga will continue.

Was really hoping for the latter. Enjoyed your adventure with the Brembo setup. Still dealing with my rear Taurus conflict, but will starighten it out soon. Maybe you'll revisit this one day, and the Brembo saga will continue.

did you ever get around to taking pics? Did you use the SN95 pad brackets and swap the Taurus caliper over to that or you using an entire Taurus loaded caliper?

Ok, the MC is going on. Parts all showed up. Let’s do a mock up and see how it will turn out.

2F2EC755-B028-4554-BA50-DB4CDF12E377.jpeg
718FD7BD-5366-4BEF-9102-4D93A8E02425.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Aside from looking really cool what is the advantage to the Bear m/c , is it necessary for your hydroboost upgrade ?

Baer sells it to match their multi-piston big brake kits. The standard 99-04 mustang hydroboost MC is 1 1/16” bore. This one is 1 1/8” so it moves more fluid for the larger number of pistons. I was going to run it with the Brembos and 43mm rear calipers for the same reason.

Baer makes a hydroboost version pretty much for Coyote swaps. You have to run hydroboost or manual brakes.

if I had originally planned on sticking with Cobra brakes I never would have bought it. But now that I have it in hand, there’s no way I can not use it.

but, hope is not lost. I printed out the template for the Baer T4 calipers. Without a spacer it barely clears. A 3mm spacer gives you a ton of room. Looks like I do have a big brake option down the road.

2F3B53ED-3974-4B2D-AA22-A89D434174F0.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
This is all silly.

I will explain :D

[As if] this is the last brake thread we're going to see from 5L5 :rlaugh:

Put the brakes on that fit. You'll be yanking it all off again [next] winter once you lay your hands on some golden set of XXXX calipers from whatever wrecked exotic and go about fitting them in the rims. It will be what catches your eye about your next brake system when you come across it. :p
What about those giant front disc brake calipers they put on Peterbilt's these days?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I certainly appreciate all the attention to detail and to bad on the calipers. But not crazy about the MC and lines, they don't really match the rest of the car. Especially since you are all about OEM.

I know what you mean, and normally I’d agree with you. Originally, I bought it for function. But now that I’ve bolted up the OEM unit, and the Baer unit in the bay, im in love with that baer MC, especially with the nice shiny SS fittings.

So, I plumbed things up finger tight. I’m not quite there yet. The SS lines are too long and don’t really coil nicely. These are 9” lines. I feel like I need to find 6” which likely don’t exist.

also, the banjos are a hair too long at 24mm. I’ve ordered some 20mm units.

i still might just grab a SS line and try to borrow a flare tool and do it in hard line.

E658C533-5228-4F24-8560-928303A94D37.jpeg
A1699D6A-A9EE-4D5C-A679-41C86D91F306.jpeg
5A41701B-CDE7-47E2-91B2-1924BD48F848.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.