Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, hell. Maybe I was wrong about the spindles on the blue car.

Edit: Yep. Don't know why I always get it confused when it comes to spindles. They're 96s on the blue car, too.

Hope you're having a badass vacation!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh man. That's a tough question. It pulls hard, but i haven't had a good enough stretch of road to wind it out 2-3 gears or so. I will say that the biggest change I noticed right away was that it doesn't run out of steam at 4500-5000RPM like it did with the stock E7's. Now i have to pay attention to my shift points rather than being able to feel when it was running out of breath.

I need more time to really evaluate a SOTP feel. Was it worth it? I'd say so. A lot of what i did pertained to refreshing the car in general vs just trying to improve HP numbers. I wasn't going for big numbers as a goal anyway.

Once i get this thing tuned up, i will head to a dyno. It's an hour away unfortunately.

I am starting to think I want to step the 3.73's down to 3.55;s or 3.31's. Need a little more time to think about this. 1st gear is too short and too aggressive just trying to get through an intersection with regular traffic.

The Borla's do emphasize the cam chop more at idle now than the flowmasters did. Even though it's a tad bit quieter, it's more distinct and pronounced. That alone makes driving it fun when you come to a stop sign and hear that cam chop. It's actually pretty darn driveable even untuned.

Also...i'm still on my 19# injectors, so trying not to go too hard yet. I really need to get my Megasqurt in, add the 30#ers and tune this MF. I need to build the adapter harness, but i want to drive the car a bit first.
Been following your build for quite a while - considering something similar for my own.

I know you haven't really given it the full beans yet, but does it feel soft at all down low or do you feel like you have plenty of torque? What power band/shift point did you provide Ed? I don't want to have to rev to the moon to get into the power band.

Been following your build for quite a while - considering something similar for my own.

I know you haven't really given it the full beans yet, but does it feel soft at all down low or do you feel like you have plenty of torque? What power band/shift point did you provide Ed? I don't want to have to rev to the moon to get into the power band.

Haven’t really ripped on it but I’ve done a few 2nd and 3rd gear pulls. My car is not tuned but needs it, but I feel it still has good down low power. I’ve been purposely leaving it in 2nd and 3rd gear around slow corners to see if it bucks or struggles but it’s done pretty darn good with 3.73s. No bucking at all even with AC on.

I wouldn’t say it’s a torque monster yes as I need a few 1-2-3 rips, but it’s plenty driveable and not temperamental at low rpm cruising.

Only area that needs work is hot idle, as it will go into a surge. But I think that’s tuning as it smells pig rich when this happens0

Reactions: 1 users
F it. Bought a car.

$1k for a running driving ‘00 GT 5-spd convertible with 68k miles. Needs a few things but no rust.

560C738D-A512-4920-B9F3-13A7F3A94CE3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
It needs some cleaning up. It’s 100% bone stock.

Neighbors car. His brother owned it and passed away last fall. Been sitting in his driveway so I asked about it. Looked it over made an offer and away we go.

Needs some stuff though.

Major stuff to get driving:

Tires
Brakes are spongy. (Need bleeding)
A/c clutch failed and rattles (ac doesn’t work)

Everything else is minor cleanup. I might put my bullitt wheels on or the 98 cobras. Haven’t decided if I’ll keep it stock or mod it. First step, cleanup. Interior needs some work. Seats torn. Nothjng unsightly.

But everything is in my scope of ability to clean this thing up.

But it drove very nice. These cars sound great stock.

Kids approve
9621125A-DAFE-4133-818B-E226F5B087F1.jpeg

• Agree
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 7 users
Dude!!! $1K for running and driving even if it needs stuff, sweet score! Is that gonna be your DD so you can ditch the Taurus?

Kinda. My main DD is the Traverse in the background with the cargo box. Once the Taurus goes and the wife gets the new car, that’s mine. 92k miles on that and pretty sound car.

But my plan is to drive this Mustang. Clean it up, make it mechanically sound and put miles on it if it's a nice day out. I'll use the SUV for rainy days and winter. I'm not looking to make a garage queen out of this car. I want to make a sound cruiser and put some miles on it. Only 68K on it now, so it's got a ton of life left. If that keeps miles off the Traverse, that's a bonus.

I’m gonna start a new thread in the 4.6 forum on this shortly.

Last edited:
Gave it its own thread here.

Back to fox stuff.

Got one of the new wheels in. The color is off though…

7A9F2165-98AE-47D1-883F-D37CE2C02B4A.jpeg
8CD3BCF8-FF1C-4DF4-BBED-96A0E5B4159E.jpeg

The new design seems lighter. Hard to photo but it’s more dramatic in person.

Gonna have to email about this. I’m kinda stuck now. I was hoping they would match but they look to be very different

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Nothing the Bissell can’t handle. Lol
Congrats on that score!

Already pulled the Bissel out and got it ready to go to town. Gonna pull the seats and get to work.

All the interior plastics will need soap/water and scrub brush. Ive definitely got some hours ahead of me but I think i can get it back to it's former glory. I'll just need to address the seats. I have a spare set of dark charcoal seats, but not sure how that would look, nor do I think i want black seats in a convertible.

Emailed on the wheels. The Gunmetal color is no longer a match. It's completely new. Looks like i'll need to return that wheel.

I'll need to track down two of the older wheels, or sell the two I have and pick up four of the newer ones. A little disappointed, but the color difference is enough that I can't run 2 + 2 of each.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.