Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I power washed, and then bisselled. It's drying in the sun now. Based on how it looks dry, i'll bissell it one more time.

I think what i'm realizing is that something spilled in the backseat area. I think someone might have done something with the convertible top motor at some point and dumped a whole bunch of trans fluid in the rear seat area and all over the rear seat. I've found it soaked into the bottom cushion. They also got the drivers side rear seat belt. I may power wash the lower cushion, but part of me is thinking of sourcing a new rear seat instead.

I'm going to stick my dark charcoal front seats in and see how it looks If it's decent, i may change the rear seat and belts to dark charcoal and the carpet. I know i said i didn't want to soak a ton of money into this car, but my thing is interiors. Car can have crappy paint, but I need to love the interior.

Stripped. Still need to take the door panels and rear quarter plastics off to clean. I have half a box of kilmat, so i may add some here as i want it gone.

IMG_4063.jpeg

Starting to power wash. The pass side rear was the worst section and unfortunately I didn't grab a pic when i started
IMG_4064.jpeg

After round 1 with bissell. This carpet has a decent amount of sun fading. The carpet itself cleaned up well, but the fading and how the color changes throws things off.

IMG_4073.jpeg

I'd like to get the car back together by the weekend. Currently in process getting some plates for it. Mechanically, just need to change out the A/C clutch still (have the parts) and the brakes could use a good bleeding first.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Man I am with you on the front seat change and then making the back seats and carpet match as that will look really good with the charcoal/tan dash and tan trim pieces. The interior in my old 535i was very similar to that and I always loved that color scheme. That carpet has definitely seen better days but verts were meant to have the top down.

Hey…that’s not right.

Looks like someone swapped a wheel in the box. It says gunmetal…but obviously it’s a grey wheel.

So I have three and one.

Ps the gunmetal wheels are sweet

IMG_4088.jpeg

Interior coming together. I think the carpet came out pretty decent

IMG_4081.jpeg

Finally got the door panels off, so cleaning them up. Also threw some Kilmat under the carpet and back seat and trunk. Just using up the half box I have left.

But interior going back together now
IMG_4083.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

Fit is not perfect however. I threw the two fronts on one side to see how the look would be.

Up front, the tire rubs on the coil-over. 8mm of spacer and still rubs.

Out back, too sucked in. I almost need a 1/2” spacer to bring this out. Tailpipe clearance is barely clearing…with a 245 tire.

IMG_4123.jpeg

I almost wish I kept the SN95 axles. Might have to stuff them back in.

The 18x10s might fit better in the rear but was trying to avoid that deep dish look

Last edited:
Actually I can try something in the front. I can loosen the top strut bolt and pull outwards and that might give me some clearance. Might allow me to get away with less spacer.

The 2nd coil is what hits.

IMG_4119.jpeg

Looks like I def need to try this.

I misread the instructions and set my struts negative (pushed in) but didn’t see the “street use” part recommending positive.

So I’ll need to loosen the strut bolts and pull out. That should buy me clearance and allow me to remove spacer.

IMG_4124.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.