Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. I edited the post after i found it but didn't take that line out.
I like their wheels and designs, but it's a shame they only make them in one offset for the 18x9's, and it's not the correct offset for me for the front or the rear. Such is life with the IRS though, I'll end up having to go custom I'm sure.

• Sponsors (?)

It's really more of a 94+ solid axle wheel. I think that's what's called out on their site. They cater to a few different makes and models so their offsets are for what's popular really. Since I have a fox, i have to pay a little bit more attention here.

I think i can square the front away but adjusting the strut/spindle bolt angle, but out back it looks like i'm either going to go back to SN95 axles, or perhaps a 1/2" spacer and extended studs.

I ordered up some 1/2" OD washers to stack on the studs to simulate a spacer and test for clearance. I also think i'm going to run a 265/40/18 out back.

Last edited:
Also..

IMG_8675.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Adjusted the front strut. Loosened the two nuts and pulled outwards and tightened.

Result. No spacer needed. However my front brake certainly drags for some reason. Might be hydroboost related.

Anyway, had to dial in a little camber due to poke, but I can live with this. Need to back out and check turn radius still

Fronts…nearly all set.

IMG_4137.jpeg
IMG_4136.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Out back, I stacked all my spacers. 16mm in total.

Looks to me I can still go out. SN95 axles would be 19mm of spacer. I think that, with a 265/40/18 will fit nicely.

I’m mounting one rear Monday. Will test fit with one more stack of 0.100” washer to confirm fit and then pull the axles…again.

I don’t want to run a spacer, especially if I have the parts. Means my 4-mile moser axles and offset brackets will be up for sale….

IMG_4138.jpeg
IMG_4139.jpeg
IMG_4140.jpeg

Did some spacer stacking. Stacked up 0.800” of spacers and washers. Couldn’t screw the lugs on but was able to seat the rim and check.

My 0.800 of spacing
IMG_4185.jpeg

Car not fully lowered down, but this looks promising. I’ll have to check it with the rim when I get the 265 mounted

IMG_4186.jpeg

Decided to put the starfish wheels on the back for now.

IMG_4187.jpeg

I’d go longer axles before the spacers if that’s an option to make it work. I just hate the idea of wheel spacers……. But that’s just me.
Clamping force is what holds the wheels on……. Spacers just add more surface to surface contact that can weaken that clamping force.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I saw a demonstration at my job where they put a business card between the rotor hat and the wheel and torqued it down. Then they wiggled the business card out, and then showed us how much play was between the wheel and rotor. You’d think the wheel wasn’t tightened at all!
Get the wheels centered up correctly, with clean mating surfaces, and torqued down right!!!

Pretty sure that even if you went with the spacers you'd end up doing the axles later anyway. :shrug:

Not a fan of spacers. Granted, I’ve seen the video where WhistlingDiesel bolted up 2-3 feet of spacers on each wheel and jumped the vehicle and it was fine, but I still don’t trust them.

Good think I saved my SN cobra brake brackets. Gotta go back on. Looks like I won’t be using those on the new edge lol

Front wheels on. Adjusted the strut on the pass side and dialed in some negative camber.

Amazingly no rub turning wheels side to side. I’m shocked

IMG_4219.jpeg
IMG_4226.jpeg
IMG_4220.jpeg

I need to drop the rear down a bit

I hate black cars….and yet I keep breaking my “no more black cars rule”. My three cars in this shot, plus my wife’s car is black.

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.