Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call on the axles, sucks you had to do it twice (hey, we have another "do it twice Mike" now!!!) but it certainly looks better now! Those wheels are awesome on there, and next time you need tires you can go 275's out back.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

The axle and caliper bracket swap wasn’t too bad really. 2 hours start to finish. Just need to get some gear oil. What I like about running the sn95 axles is that I can swap on sn95 17x8s and it will fit great….if I ever do that for some reason

What sucks is buying the axles, studs and offset brackets. Wasted money.

Looks like I got a bunch of stuff to sell this fall.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks good. A few mm's here and there don't really mean that much when it comes to the width.
It was most important to get the height right and you did so...
Do yourself a favor, do the gear oil in the street.
That stuff tortures me.
I still can't figure out how to get it off my new driveway. My van burned up axle bearing (and axles) and it dripped for a week or so before i realized what went on.
Oil eater and a power washer makes short work of oil. But it did nothing to get that gear oil off.

On a different note, what did you say the specs were to have a wheel cut down as a spare? Size 18 tire?
Now that i have a bunch of spares, my one wheel that i don't think can be refinished properly i'd like to have turned into a spare.

Definitely got the fit right. In hindsight I could have gone 275 out back, or possibly even 285. I could probably stick a 1/4” spacer on now and still be fine.

Didn’t drive the car due to no gear fluid but turned it around and amazed to see no front rub

IMG_4381.jpeg
Personally I think you nailed it... Not too big, doesn't stick out and it fills out the wheel well nicely....
Quit looking at it, your done.... LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah. Tire shop has my tire I just need to go there and get it done.

Taurus is gone. Tomorrow my last day with it. Wife’s new car comes home tomorrow.

Also, new plates for the 2000 GT are ready. Need to pick them up tomorrow (I hope)

So maybe I’ll get the last tire mounted later this week.

Then I’m done for now. Need to sell a bunch of parts/wheels and clear out some space.

Current state. Awaiting one wheel and diff fluid
IMG_4389.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Taurus is gone. Was running well up to the end so I felt bad but it had to go. Just short of 155k

Wife’s new car. ‘24 CRV

IMG_4422.jpeg

I’ll take over her ‘17 Traverse, but I plan on driving the ‘00GT as much as I can.

Last edited:
Did you end up trading the taurus??

Yup. It’s gone.

Once I acquired the ‘00GT, there was no justification for keeping it. I got a fair price for it and don’t have to deal with private sale BS.

I now drive this behemoth as my primary DD. 90k miles so should be able to get a couple more years, especially with my driving the ‘00 GT as well.
IMG_3861.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll say…was quite enjoyable to drive this into work today. I could get used to this.

IMG_4429.jpeg

The brakes suck. I gotta remember to hang back a little because they need a little extra to stop. Gonna start with bleeding the brakes first, while I gather parts for the front 13” setup.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Do you still have all the caddy Brembo stuff and will it fit those wheels?

Yes still have them. But no they will not clear the wheels on the car or the bullitts. It’s a shame because I’d love to run them on this car with ABS.

They will clear my 98 cobra wheels but I don’t want to run those on this car. I actually want to run the bullitt wheels for nostalgia reasons. That’s what my ‘03 GT had.

I do have these….

IMG_4434.jpeg

Just need rotors and probably should replace the 23 year old rubber brake lines

Reactions: 1 user
4th tire is mounted. Will put it on the car tonight.

Really I just need to put the diff fluid in and this project is done. However i can't find a damn pump. Been stopping at every local auto parts store and those pumps that fit the quart bottles seem to all be sold out.

4th tire is mounted. Will put it on the car tonight.

Really I just need to put the diff fluid in and this project is done. However i can't find a damn pump. Been stopping at every local auto parts store and those pumps that fit the quart bottles seem to all be sold out.
Them damn Chinesiums.....

Status
Not open for further replies.