Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

@Mustang5L5,
How tall are you and how much room do you have between your head and the head liner with the Recaro's? Reason I ask is I have Corbeau TRS seats in my Coupe and they sit a little high for me even with the 1" shaved foam base. I am 6'-1 and with the shaved base I really thought they would sit lower but the old '86 GT seats that I had in it before these sat lower.

@Mustang5L5,
How tall are you and how much room do you have between your head and the head liner with the Recaro's? Reason I ask is I have Corbeau TRS seats in my Coupe and they sit a little high for me even with the 1" shaved foam base. I am 6'-1 and with the shaved base I really thought they would sit lower but the old '86 GT seats that I had in it before these sat lower.

I’m 6’1”

With the Recaros at the most upright position I’d be comfortable driving in, I have 3-4” from my head to the sunroof glass. If I extend where the headliner would be across, subtract maybe 1.5-2” from that. So let’s call it 2” to the headliner. Usually I recline a little bit when cruising, so those numbers get better as I lean back. Probably add another 2” or so.

I haven’t had stock seats in my car in some time, but compared to the 99-04 GT seats I had in there, these were definitely lower.

I did sit in a set of corbeau GTSII and even with shaved foam, I wasn’t convinced it would be any lower than the GT seats.

#1: Seat covers... Just protect 'em and carry on?

#2: Give me a heads up if you end up deciding to list. Would love to put 'em in Black Jack.

Eh, if I do seat covers then what’s the point of nice seats? I want to see them.

I might go back to this. I actually really like these seats. I know some of you might think I’m crazy but for cruising around these seats are damn comfortable.

I’m gonna keep the Recaros. If I ever decide to go to Foxtoberfest or something in the future, I’ll need them. ;)

48E4BA3B-3886-452A-84AA-93D55D61D0C1.jpeg

I mean, they are comfortable. I have two sets and did this to the other ones. I do a lot of thinking in this chair

B02446CF-FB77-45CC-90E2-4221C72AB1BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
What brackets did you use? I used the wedge and they don't seem as high as yours. And I can move bolts around to change the angle.

I’m using planted engineering brackets with the Recaro sliders.

I actually have no issue at all with the seating posture with the Recaros. Can easily move back and forth and recline as needed. Bolting the seat in place without the slider would drop the seat down about 3/4”. IMHO woth where I recline the seat typically it’s too low.

But in terms of seating position I have no complaints. I feel like I sit down into the car and because I’m so low I can sit more upright.

Reactions: 1 user
Man, those Recaro's are sooo nice, I'd have to leave them and just accept that as I drive it there will be some wear. @95steedamustang was trying to get me to jump on a set he found the other day, for a decent deal, but at this point in my build it just doesn't make sense. One day though I will get some, and *might* do the same as you and mainly drive with my Corbeau seats and use the Recaro's for shows and stuff.

If you're willing to spend a little extra, why not just re-cover the Recaros with more durable material?

It’s not just the material. It’s the bolstering. It’s just too darn aggressive for me. Don’t get me wrong, the seats are comfortable as hell once you are sitting in them, but climbing in and out gets old.

So some might remember when I dropped my hatch shade and busted the end clip? I’ve been on the lookout for a cheap parts shade to try and repair it.

But last week, a black shade popped up on eBay for $150. Two pics, no description. I figured why not.

Low and behold, it’s nicer than the shade I had in my car.

New shade on left, my busted one on right.
ABE453E7-C23D-4EB9-B085-3FE938715AA4.jpeg

1F4A88AC-F4EE-43A9-B5EB-1CA5EAF42154.jpeg

96F4DCCC-60F7-4958-BF8B-7CE17CD39D76.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.