Build Thread Mustang5L5's Build Thread -

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Pulled the car out of the garage. Prob last start of the year. Got the engine warm, checked a few things and then pulled it in the garage to drain the oil while warm. Will put in fresh oil.

Decided to take some new DB readings before I change my mufflers.

70 dB inside the car at idle (cold start)
85 outside at idle (cold start)
112 db at 5000 rpm.

Got myself a new phone (iphobe 14 pro max) and the cameras are really good. So I took some new pics to see how good it really was.

1D3123CA-902B-4E08-BE21-F677882CFDED.jpeg

Edit: just as a suspect. Uploading knocks down the quality a tad. Oh well.
We knock it down again when we store it :D

I mean it still looks pretty darn good on my screen in terms of pic quality. A fresh upload to my PC however looks more crisp however
The good part is that it is stored [here]. Not on Google, or some 3rd party. It hasn't been a hard sell but initially it was a sell to get all uploaded imaged hosted locally on the server. You've been around long enough to see where some of the old threads are broken through off-site image hosting. It's a goal to make it way easier to host here although we still permit off-site hosting.

Experienced SN users also know that they can [host] their SN images anywhere on the web. The interface for personal albums on this site is kind of clumsy but the album itself is a powerhouse for image hosting speedwise.

I mean it still looks pretty darn good on my screen in terms of pic quality. A fresh upload to my PC however looks more crisp however
I had to agree with this again. :D

I just checked and we store that image at 1920 x 1440. LoL You'll never see that quality on a mobile device. Even 4k screens display 1440p very well. Most [gaming] screens (and cheap PC screens) are still 1080p. :shrug:

I had to agree with this again. :D

I just checked and we store that image at 1920 x 1440. LoL You'll never see that quality on a mobile device. Even 4k screens display 1440p very well. Most [gaming] screens (and cheap PC screens) are still 1080p. :shrug:

The native photo is 4032x3024 on my phone. You are right though, my 14 pro max is actual 1290 × 2796 so that photo above still comes across as pretty darn crisp on a phone.

Reactions: 1 user
We are procuring a metal 3D printer where I work. I'm thinking of some functional desktop paperweights. Maybe print the block and some pistons and crank. No idea on when i can actually make that happen, but i now have a starting point

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Ok back to car stuff. Lets wrap up some of the last things to take care of here.

Looking at tips. What's the difference between these two flowmaster tips
1671480405306.png

The ones on the right (reading the description) are aluminized steel with stainless tips. The left ones are all 409 stainless with stainless tips. Why is it cheaper? Am i missing something?

15814 - aluminized steel tubing from the muffler to the 304 stainless steel tips
815814 - stainless steel tubing from the muffler to the 304 stainless steel tips

It's weird how the all stainless version is $10 less than the aluminized version.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.