Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Just cruising now

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Reading up on your thread...I laughed when I read that you sneak into the garage to sit in the car.
Usually go sit in it, row through the gears, and just relax. Wife wonders what the hell I do in the garage. Usually that 5-10 mins or so at the end of the day is a break from the chaos of everything else going on.

• Sponsors (?)

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I have the e-brake lever and shifter boot cover with the red stitching that matches your new seats, installed in my car. LoL

If you could do the Halo conversion and send those my way, that would be great. :jester:
I've debated swapping them out. I'd have to buy the armrest cover as well. One of these days when i have less to do. Right now i don't think it sticks out too much.

Im searching for Recaro halo headrests, but the challenge will be recovering them to match. I kinda like the block headrests though. They remind me of the 87-89 GT seats.

BTW, i'm totally convinced that in the 80's Ford basically subbed out to Lear to build recaro rip-off seats. Look at the bolstering and insert layout of the mid 80's Ford seats and you'll see they are very similar to recaros. They even both have the pull out thigh bolsters. It's like Ford didn't want to pay recaro prices to use the seats, and contracted out to build a copy.

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Fender #1 rolled tonight
IMG_3851.JPG

What a PITA. Even with my heat gun blazing hot, still got some cracking and paint chips. Just gonna have to touch it up. Nothing on the visible lip, but if you poke your head under you'll see some bare metal. Fortunately my car isn't a show car with its nearly 20 year old repaint showing its age at times.

But still, it needed to be done. On drive at lowered height was slicing my tire. Should clear now.

Still gotta do the other side. Took me roughly an hour going slowly just to heat and roll and readjust.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
New plugs.

Since when are these bare? Didn't they used to come with a blued finish?
IMG_3905.JPG

Oh wait
IMG_3903.JPG

IMG_3902.JPG

I remember them looking like this

IMG_3907.PNG

BlakeusMaximus

Will soon be “BlockusMaximus”
Jul 12, 2017
Fender #1 rolled tonight
View attachment 624543

What a PITA. Even with my heat gun blazing hot, still got some cracking and paint chips. Just gonna have to touch it up. Nothing on the visible lip, but if you poke your head under you'll see some bare metal. Fortunately my car isn't a show car with its nearly 20 year old repaint showing its age at times.

But still, it needed to be done. On drive at lowered height was slicing my tire. Should clear now.

Still gotta do the other side. Took me roughly an hour going slowly just to heat and roll and readjust.[/

BlakeusMaximus

Jul 12, 2017
Fender #1 rolled tonight
View attachment 624543

Still gotta do the other side. Took me roughly an hour going slowly just to heat and roll and readjust.
Pretty nerve-racking eh Mike?

BlakeusMaximus

Jul 12, 2017
Still gotta do the other side and I don't even want to.
My old boss back in the day had to roll some fenders and quarters on a 911 turbo. He did it without breaking any paint on it. All the bodymen were amazed. He was one of the best around. That’s a tough task man.

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Seaside, CA
I bought the roller and ended up grinding the lip instead. Clean, but not perfect.

deathb4dismount

Crap, didn’t realize my crotch was in that picture
5 Year Member
Oct 6, 2011
THE BUCKET
Mike, how wide are your rear wheels and what tire size? I want to get my Pony Rs mounted this year, but I'm afraid the 10 inch wheels are just too wide. There is no way the quads will fit even flipped.

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Seaside, CA
Hope you don't mind me responding. I have 18x10s on the rear of the Blue 93 GT with stock wheel tubs. The fenders are rolled, and the inner wheel well has been "modified". It's extremely close, but it can be done. Tire size is 285/40/18. But the old BFG Drag Radials Joe had on it were 295s.