Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Recaros....again

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Idk why but i freak out opening biscuits and the thought of undoing the main air bag square on the steering wheel seems intense. Mainly bc I could see myself having my face right in front of it trying to unscrew it from the back and baaaaaam tko!!

• Sponsors (?)

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
It's a friggin steering wheel! As long as your hands don't stick to it and it don't come off driving down the road your golden.

General karthief

Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Idk why but i freak out opening biscuits and the thought of undoing the main air bag square on the steering wheel seems intense. Mainly bc I could see myself having my face right in front of it trying to unscrew it from the back and baaaaaam tko!!
you are disconnecting the battery first right?
those things are scary!

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Under an open bag of flour they make for a really funny surprise for someone you may like less than others.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
So I tried out some LED bulbs. I just did the reverse and brake lights for now.

IMG_2800.JPG

Not impressed. Brake lights were definitely dimmer. The reverse lights were as well, but ultimately not as critical as the reverse lights would be. I took the brake light bulbs out and left the reverse lights.
IMG_2797.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

I may do the parking lights up front next. Not as critical to be as bright. I just need a solid state flasher relay first.

Reddevil91

5 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
So I tried out some LED bulbs. I just did the reverse and brake lights for now.

View attachment 620792

Not impressed. Brake lights were definitely dimmer. The reverse lights were as well, but ultimately not as critical as the reverse lights would be. I took the brake light bulbs out and left the reverse lights.
View attachment 620790
View attachment 620791

I may do the parking lights up front next. Not as critical to be as bright. I just need a solid state flasher relay first.
Are you not impressed with the brightness? I heard that about the store bought ones like Phillips and sylvania zevo stuff. I bought mine from amazon a company called jdmastars and they a good quality bright lights. I did all of mine which froze up my blinkers. Put in jdmastar 12v flasher for led’s For the one behind the radio area and bam they work and no hyper flash. So my hazards are still frozen when I click on the hazard switch but I don’t often use those, just need to figure out what flasher to use there instead of the stock 552 Wagner dot silver one.

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Correct. They aren't bright enough. The stock bulbs are brighter. Much more noticeable in a dark garage vs what the pics can show.

I've got a different set of brake bulbs on order. I'll try this again

General karthief

Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
You have been warned!
If you install that on a pollution controlled 'motor' you could possibly slow the rotation of the earth and cause catastrophic harm to first generation prius vehicles everywhere!
Now stick that on an engine and we could win the war on terror, just don't tell anyone.

Rdub6

Dec 29, 2017
It’s sunday night. I thought for sure there would be a video clip of the new sound by now!

Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
It’s sunday night. I thought for sure there would be a video clip of the new sound by now!
Wife's in Florida for vacation for the week. I'm home watching the baby. Garage time will be at a minimum this week.

I do want to get it on before the PHB goes on just in case it shifts the tailpipe location slightly.