Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

I can't even remember the last time i drove my car and needed the headlights on. Got to be the day i had purchased my Saleen Explorer, which my guess is 2001. Can't imagine how bad fox headlights are compared to newer cars.

Any chance i could get you to put the AC back on the car? Lol.
That would make it the perfect street car.

As for the cage thing, it's kinda weird because some basic electric cars run faster than they times they allowed back in the day and some of the better ones are close to parachute territory. What would they do, require all model S cars to have cages?
Comes down to the updated rules . Newer cars take hits better . So I think 09 and up or 07 and up don’t need anything until 9.99

The AC deal was going to happen with the manual. Auto think it’ll run too warm in summer . Also it’s so cluttered in there now to work on I couldn’t imagine with AC

• Sponsors (?)

dsc_6353.jpeg
dsc_6862.jpeg
dsc_6874.jpeg
dsc_6884.jpeg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
As for the cage thing, it's kinda weird because some basic electric cars run faster than they times they allowed back in the day and some of the better ones are close to parachute territory. What would they do, require all model S cars to have cages?

Comes down to the updated rules . Newer cars take hits better . So I think 09 and up or 07 and up don’t need anything until 9.99

Yea, at the track I'm familiar with (Gainesville Raceway in Florida), cars 2008 and newer can run as fast as 10.00 in the quarter or 6.40 in the eighth without any cage or rollbar, as long as all the factory installed safety devices are present. I think it gets down to the cars all having airbags basically.

If you wanna run something faster than that (Tesla S Plaid, Lucid Air Sapphire, etc), you can get in a single pass before you'll get booted off the track. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Took it to work yesterday and today . 100 plus miles in 2 days . 28 degrees this am . Car just does its thing :cool:

Fresh gas station pic and another shot from penny shots
IMG_5510.jpeg
IMG_5518.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
If they are drag radials, how do they handle the cold weather? Been years since I drove on a set in the winter.
They are a little hard . Keep your foot out of it and they are fine - as you know it was like 25-28 this morning . I drove 40 miles home no problem. Even jumped on it 1/4-1/2 throttle out of the toll booth. Been driving it like a daily lol took it again to work for a 3rd day in a row

They will act how you want them too in my experience you just have to be very ginger on them the first 5-10 min of driving I’m overly easy on it to get some heat in the tire

Last edited:
They are a little hard . Keep your foot out of it and they are fine - as you know it was like 25-28 this morning . I drove 40 miles home no problem. Even jumped on it 1/4-1/2 throttle out of the toll booth. Been driving it like a daily lol took it again to work for a 3rd day in a row

They will act how you want them too in my experience you just have to be very ginger on them the first 5-10 min of driving I’m overly easy on it to get some heat in the tire
I get so much sh!t from guys at work for driving mine in the winter. It hasn’t even snowed here yet. I tell people that if you don’t drive like a jackass, it’s not a big deal at all.
Warmer in Ohio rn, too. Drove mine to work earlier this week, 38* and dry. Young third shift guys were acting like I rode a rocket powered unicycle in freezing rain. I’m not even on drag radials, either. With way less power than you, too.

Another concern i had was that it's rumored that winter temps cause summer tires to crack and degrade faster when you drive on them below 42 (or sometehing like that). I haven't driven my car in the winter in pretty much forever. I'm not opposed to it, but i am opposed to ruining tires.
When i was a kid i daily drove the car on nitto drag radials, wasn't pleasant though they did warm up, just those were the days where i had no worries, bad tires, good tires, bald tires, tires with belts showing, i just wasn't concerned, i was going to burn them off the car anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
I get so much sh!t from guys at work for driving mine in the winter. It hasn’t even snowed here yet. I tell people that if you don’t drive like a jackass, it’s not a big deal at all.
Warmer in Ohio rn, too. Drove mine to work earlier this week, 38* and dry. Young third shift guys were acting like I rode a rocket powered unicycle in freezing rain. I’m not even on drag radials, either. With way less power than you, too.
Bro no salt , no rain for me = driving it . Like you said self control and you have no issue . I built this damn thing to enjoy it . Some people just don’t get it .

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Another concern i had was that it's rumored that winter temps cause summer tires to crack and degrade faster when you drive on them below 42 (or sometehing like that). I haven't driven my car in the winter in pretty much forever. I'm not opposed to it, but i am opposed to ruining tires.
When i was a kid i daily drove the car on nitto drag radials, wasn't pleasant though they did warm up, just those were the days where i had no worries, bad tires, good tires, bald tires, tires with belts showing, i just wasn't concerned, i was going to burn them off the car anyway.
Lmao you do start to think different as you age I am realizing but- I still drive this thing. I have had nitto nt555 on this car in some way since I own it. The fronts are great . The drag radials I haven’t had them crack I’m on my 3rd set of MT and I ran a set of nitto before that. I take it easy and make sure they just get some temp in them .