Need help with headlight harness/switch/wiring in 2000 Mustang

so I've been having the issue of my headlights having a flickering/cutting out completely problem randomly while driving at night (obviously not using headlights during the day). I bought a brand new battery which didn't solve the issue, upon looking for more reasons as to why this was happening the vast majority of answers were because the headlight switch was bad. so I went straight to amazon and bought a new headlight switch. Upon disconnecting the original one, I discovered the blue/orange wire was disconnected (I have zero idea what 'slot' it belongs too) and that the harness itself is slightly melted/warped which seems to be a common issue if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, back to the original question - where the hell does this blue/orange wire go to in the harness? It's the only one unplugged. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to find a diagram or something that explains which slot this wire belongs to unsuccessfully. I barely know anything about cars as is.

• Sponsors (?)

My Ford wiring diagram says that DB/OG wire goes to headlight switch terminal B1. This is the main power to the head light switch. Without the DB/OG wire connected the RD/YE main output wire to the headlights themselves will not have power.

The DB/OG wire is fed from the battery junction box (BJB) head light fuse.