Need opinions on which Corbeau seats ot get

I am looking to upgrade the seats in my car to something a little lighter and better. Currently the car has the black cloth V6 seats.

I am looking at either the A4, CR1, or TRS seats. Anybody know anything about these seats?
Being a little on the large size (6'4" - 275) I am looking at the W I D E version of the seats in Microsuede. I am hoping to gain a little head room too if I go with the Corbeau sliders.

I keep looking at them, and just can't make up my mind on which one to go with :shrug:
Any opinions would be appreciated.
I plan on getting them pretty quick since I would like to have them before I install a roll bar.

Thanks guys,

• Sponsors (?)

I have Corbeau Legacy seats and like them a lot.

There is a Corbeau dealer in my area that has all of the Corbeau seats on display for customers to sit in and test. Thank God I did, because most of them didn't fit me and/or were just not what I wanted. The shop had all of the seats in the regular version and wide version. I'm 6'5 and 250 lbs., so it was critical that I not buy seats sight unseen or butt untouched. :) Only the wide seats fit me correctly.

Corbeau seats will weigh a lot less than stock seats. If you use Corbeau's sliders and brackets, you will get an extra inch of headroom for most seats. Getting rid of the stock brackets and sliders will save a bunch more weight. Corbeau's sliders and brackets are a whole lot stronger than the stock stuff and install perfectly. The only problem I had was the seat bolts: I had to find replacement bolts at Home Depot that were threaded the whole length of the bolt. Actually, I would suggest new bolts anyways, but you can reuse the special stock nut (which keeps the nut from slipping).

If you can find a delaer to try out the seats, that would be my recommendation.

Thanks a lot for the info Car Nut. I looked for a dealer near me, and the closest one is about 2.5 hours one way. But I don't want to jump into a seat that is not comfortable.

I went to their website to look at the Legacy seat, and it doesn't look like they make it anymore. Do you know if they changed it to something else?

The LG1 seat sure looks a lot like mine. That has to be it, but maybe not. I'm sure Corbeau would tell you.

My only issue with the style seat (in general) that I have now is the lack of an adjustable headrest. I am tall, particularly in my upper body, so my head is not supported by the back of the seat. I'll keep these seats another year or two, but once a new engine/tranny is installed, new Recaros or something similar will be installed too.

The support of these seats are unreal. There is literally no moving around in turns. I couldn't believe how much of a difference there was compared to stock. Comfort has not been an issue with me, however, they are firm. I took a 1,300 mile trip over a span of four days last Fall and comfort was no problem.

I looked at the regular Corbeau CR1 seats. Boy were they a waste of money. I work at my families dry cleaners so I am more than familiar with fabrics and let me tell you-the stock fabric that comes with those seats will pill, fade and wear with in a year.
Now with the microsuede's thats a different element. Microsuede is a very durable fabric - it should resist fading and it should wear well over a solid period of time.
As for the fitting I have a 33/34inch waist and the CR1s were very tight on me-very tight-too tight. Even if you are skinny your passangers wont all fit in there so atleast get the wide version for them, though I would suggest the wide version for both seats.
After some consideration I went with some Sparco Torino 2's. They are designed/built for the long run. They fit snug but not too tight. They will accept a fairly wide variety of body shapes/sizes. I got the Sparco harnesses and brackets as well.
In the end you get what you pay for. I paid just under $2k for everything but dont have any regets. I went into looking for replacement seats thinking that the Corbeaus were a great deal but after testing them I reconsidered-sucked it up and opened up my wallet further than I had ever expected.
Good luck with your decision
Feel free to PM me with any questions!
-fawcett

I looked at the regular Corbeau CR1 seats. Boy were they a waste of money. I work at my families dry cleaners so I am more than familiar with fabrics and let me tell you-the stock fabric that comes with those seats will pill, fade and wear with in a year.
Now with the microsuede's thats a different element. Microsuede is a very durable fabric - it should resist fading and it should wear well over a solid period of time.
As for the fitting I have a 33/34inch waist and the CR1s were very tight on me-very tight-too tight. Even if you are skinny your passangers wont all fit in there so atleast get the wide version for them, though I would suggest the wide version for both seats.
After some consideration I went with some Sparco Torino 2's. They are designed/built for the long run. They fit snug but not too tight. They will accept a fairly wide variety of body shapes/sizes. I got the Sparco harnesses and brackets as well.
In the end you get what you pay for. I paid just under $2k for everything but dont have any regets. I went into looking for replacement seats thinking that the Corbeaus were a great deal but after testing them I reconsidered-sucked it up and opened up my wallet further than I had ever expected.
Good luck with your decision
Feel free to PM me with any questions!
-fawcett
Fawcett, I too am a 33/34 waist with fairly wide shoulders from weight lifting the past 5 years. I'm 6'1" and just under 200lbs. Corbeau's website says the regular CR1's should be wide enough for up to 36" waist, but yet you say they were too tight for you. Were they uncomfortable or you just didn't like the way they felt snugging up to your sides or hips?