Nicks fast back conversion

Might be possible to recoup some costs by s

What kind of work is involved in retrofitting the vents in favor of quarter windows?
The door opening is taller for 67 68 must be cut down ,it is to long and must be shortened ,it is the same shape but i have to make several parts that are different on the 67 68 .
I have to make the complete quarter vent or quarter window opening .if you do not have somthing to measure from placement of the new pieces is very hard to do

• Sponsors (?)

I usually wind up getting 500 - 600 back selling off the pieces i dont use ,the windshield post are usually the first thing to go because you can only get them in kit form . I sell a lot of the rockers ,for some reason they put their better rockers in the kits. Front lower door posts sell fairly quick also . But these parts are 67 68 ,the 65 66 parts i think would sell quicker as you dont see them for sale very often . Problem is you have to drill them loose from the parts you would need to keep

I may go ahead and try a conversion if I come across a cheap coupe in Arkansas that isn't too rusty. I've already done a lot on my current coupe that I don't think I want to convert it.

Is bare metal a color ? Cause i like it !
Why sand off the coating you ask ,hidden rust under it . This is nothing ,i have seen a lot worse
20200213_160026.jpg
20200213_155438.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Nick sanded his butt off today haha!
I fit a lot of the interior panels just to make sure they would . That 65 66 interior bracket wasnt even close to correct ,it is mostly 67 brackets but i was able to make them work . I am going to fit all the inter in the back even the seat .some of the panels are only setting in place .
20200214_130410.jpg
20200214_154655.jpg
20200214_154707.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
With all the hours of work , and a large amount of parts money is this done for yourself. Or are you going to sell it someday. Could this be a full time job for a person as qualified as you are. Could this be a $40,000 car in time. Sorry for the questions I watch too much car t.v.

No ,this is Nicks own personal car ,he plans to drive it .
The hours are really not that much ,actually far less than a restoration . There is almost no body work ,we have been on this for only about 7 days and soon we will be ready for paint .
We have around 4,000 in new metal and the car cost me 800 so we are into it very cheap ,it is just the small amount of time we spent and all the fun

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
You ever hear ,why dont you throw that crap away i am tired of tripping over it ...ha! I have almost every piece to assemble this car ,if i had thrown it away i couldnt have .
The fold down back seat is in ...because i dont throw crap away !
20200216_112144.jpg
20200216_112459.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users