Nicks fast back conversion

• Sponsors (?)

We are going to do the shelby gauge pod
Screenshot_20200226-182635_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm actually trying to steer clear of the Shelby stuff on my car. I don't want anyone to think I tried to do a bad clone. Going for more of a mundane, clean factory look.

I fit the headlight assemblies today ,the Ford tooling fenders are not what the old Ford fenders were. After a bit of banging around and some grinding ,and even a bit of welding ,the inner can let go in the fender ,i got it pretty close . i am sure i can get it even better but maybe a little later .
20200229_152428.jpg
20200229_152418.jpg
20200229_152406.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
We have been holding off until we get a vin verification ,officer was supposed to be here today but didnt show up ,soon as verified it will go back on the rotisserie . Could have got it done at DMV but they wouldnt do it on a car trailer ,stupid because the fenders would be off and since i blasted it a few years back you can clearly read the vin .

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Well, I found '67-'68 fastback rear seat frames, but not '65-'66. I also found R3 Performance Products, which bought out Thoroughbred International (or Thoroughbred GT) that made 'skeletons' for '65-'66 fastbacks.

squelette.jpg

R3PP was in California, but is now in Broken Arrow, OK which is close to me. Thoroughbred made jig welded coupe to fastback skeletons as well as coupe to fastback skeleton kits.

coupkit.jpg

I called them at lunch and talked to someone who didn't say they wouldn't, but sure didn't sound like they were interested in selling me what I wanted for a self install.