No oxygen sensors.. cause damage?

Thunder5.0 said:

My car runs without 02sensors just fine. Some guys disconnect them at the track to get more power. The 02sensors are there for emissions purposes.

I don't think o2's are just for emisssions... they tell the computer how much air/fuel to dump into the motor, making more power and more efficiency, correct?

• Sponsors (?)

Mavrick said:
I don't think o2's are just for emisssions... they tell the computer how much air/fuel to dump into the motor, making more power and more efficiency, correct?

Your right and if the computer is in closed loop circut and the 02's aren't there while your running at the track you'll go into limp mode and actually will hurt your performance, may not be noticable but the leaner you are the more power you make, but then again you don't wanna be burning holes through your piston.

Mavrick said:

That is correct. In closed loop mode the oxygen sensor is one of the primary sensors that the computer uses to calculate fuel trim, injector pulse width and many other improtant factors. Not having these hooked up can hurt your performance. Unless your computer has been re-programmed, you're probably better off running them.