Progress Thread Project 302

• Sponsors (?)

And out of curiosity where would you put green?
Lol, I’m painting my car a green color the fellas here might not fully agree with. I throw that comment on anyone not sure of a color to pick.

My engine will actually have a small amount of green though, just for grins sake it might be the timing chain cover.

The rest of the engine will be a medium to light grey.

Lol, I’m painting my car a green color the fellas here might not fully agree with. I throw that comment on anyone not sure of a color to pick.

My engine will actually have a small amount of green though, just for grins sake it might be the timing chain cover.

The rest of the engine will be a medium to light grey.
If I did any green it would look like Christmas under my hood lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Eyeballing an 86 block but have concerns, roller being one of them and can I swap 77 front dress effectively on to it.(crank pulley mostly)

Eyeballing an 86 block but have concerns, roller being one of them and can I swap 77 front dress effectively on to it.(crank pulley mostly)
As far as I now everything should be able to fit from older years. If you use a timing cover with dipstick you will want to plug the dipstick hole in the side of the block.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay so when I took the new (to me) heads apart I got these little brown disks. Any idea what those are for? And should I use them with the new springs?
Which brings up another question, the old springs were different sizes from exh. To int. And yet the new set from trickflow are all the same size, is this correct?

Attachments

• 20190313_161929.jpg
    20190313_161929.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 180
If it's the Trick flow spirng kit you bought for the GT40p heads... then yes, the springs are all the same size, it's the retainer that is different between the intake and exhaust. But make sure you did get right ones... when I was installing them on my reman gt40p heads... I found out I got all (can't remember which now) all intake or all exhaust retainers... which will make that valve spring retainer the wrong height for the (again either intake or exhaust can't remeber which). so I had to call them up and have them send me the right ones I needed... I guess I was the lucky one that got that screwed up set.