Project Resto - Supercharged 1992 GT 'Vert

Yeah all these went to the shop. I haven't touched the heads until they were put on the car.

And since I'm learning about rockers, and different styles, I didn't touch them until I knew what I was getting into.

When I had a better idea of what I was doing, I noticed four rockers were upside down....the cracked pedestal is off a rocker that was upside down...and that was off cylinder 4. I only put the push rodss in on cylinder 1. And whenever I was taking the rockers off they were on pretty tight

Do you got any recommendations on pedestal mount replacement? Will any pedestal work?

• Sponsors (?)

Reactions: 1 user
Woooo. I'll order them now. I can't wait to get this puppy running again. My buddy told me the other day this combo was rare. An LX with GT ground effects....does anyone else now about it being a factory option?

Attachments

• 15633189169814717594923637738546.jpg
    15633189169814717594923637738546.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 177
Reviving this thread again....

I never updated this but in August before I left for work, I pedestal mounts for the rocker arms went in with no problem. I think after everything was said and done I was hitting the torque spec (forgot what it was) at 2/3's of a turn every time. And I was using 2 shims of different sizes for all of them to get it right.

Gotta refresh my memory and throw the intake manifold on this weekend. and hopefully the other bits and pieces.

If i remember correctly whenever we took the heads off, there were rockers in certain places that were grinded down on the sides to prevent them from hitting the valve covers. Now, I am pretty sure those are not in the same spot anymore after getting them back from the shop. So that will be the first task before it all goes back together.

But, does anyone know of a valve cover that I could get that offers more clearance, without affecting other stuff like intake plenum.

If my memory serves me right, I think our valve covers were grinding down in some spots too...i never paid attention to if the baffle is there or not. But please report back on your findings! lol that will save me a huge heap of time.

I've run stock valve covers on my 93 with baffles removed for years and no grinding.
Had them on my original pedestal mount heads with 1.7 cobra rockers, then on a couple of different sets of
aluminum heads with 1.7 stud mount comp rockers. Now currently running them on my RHS aluminum headed 393w
with 1.6 7/16 stud mount comp gold rockers.

i put the valve covers back on and left the rockers where they were at, they didnt touch! wooo

Now we are running into a few more snags....there is a a bolt going through the vortech super charger bracket, and into the head. I dont think these are 100% aligned, or something is in the way not allowing the bolt to catch the treadds and tighten up.

The other issue is im trying to source the gaskets for the 1/2inch spacer between the upper and lower intake manifolds, im gunna go with 2 OEM gaskets i suppose. the ones on their now seem to hard as a rock, not sure if you can re use them.

We are definitely getting closer now that the the manifold is back on etc. Trying to get some spark plugs too...the ones i ordered were not large enough for the hole they were trying to be screwed into :(

so many snags lol i just wanna finish it.

Guys need as help here on this. What goes in this hole? I can't remember and no pictures

My memory tells me it's for a sending unit of some sort but can't find it anywhere
It's just to the right of my finger!

Attachments

• 15733182500605491245036615493885.jpg
    15733182500605491245036615493885.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 168
Looks like you’re pointing to a hole in the block right above where the bell housing bolts up. In Foxbody cars that hole has a plug in it. On later model Windsor based applications it might be a location of a knock sensor.

Drat well right now I got nothing that I can find that goes back in there.

I did read a thread where someone mentioned it was a knock sensor for the 5.0 trucks and some mustangs had it and left from factory with nothing in it.

Am I crazy?

That freeze plug would not be visible with the intake installed. Which is what it shows in his picture. Your block there in that picture is not drilled or tapped for the knock sensor. But you can see that flat boss where it would be.

The knock sensor hole is a threaded hole to nowhere. I don’t even think you need to put a plug in it. The hole is there on my 92 block. No plug