Progress Thread Project Silver Fox - 3rd time’s a charm

1D9BF18B-296F-48AE-A2D4-8289C1AB99B9.jpeg

F104EA89-A9BF-477E-838F-BBDB8C3CA2AF.jpeg

Let’s see what this ported cobra intake does. A nice fella sent me this to try out

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Saw the thread over on the Corral...them boys are not fans of Bigdogs Porting. Be curious to see what the results are.
Yeah guys like to hate. Honestly I haven’t really seen a lot of 3rd party testing on the BD intakes though so I can see why people would be skeptical.

Got the upper on, barely fit with the coil mount brackets. Kind of cobbled together the vacuum lines, but they’re not permanent so I don’t really care. Also had to make a new tube inside the fender well since intake is so damn short. Moved the fpr a little too.

FBDE255C-FAFF-48DB-B29B-90AF430CF2B7.jpeg

Did you build the coil brackets? I have given some thought to going to individual coils when I make the move to the MSPnP Gen 3 (the sequential injection unit is supposed to be coming out any week now for the 86-93) but do not have the room to put the coil packs on the valve covers.

No they’re just ict brackets.

ICT Billet LS Remote Mount Coil Relocation Brackets D585 LSX Swap Heat Sink LM7 LR4 LQ4 L59 LQ9 LM4 L33 LH6 L92 L76 LY2 LY5 LY6 LC9 LMG L98 L96 LC8 551562 https://a.co/d/2LjBfKh

I’m surprised diy didn’t come out with the ms3 based pnp for box bodies years ago. Stinger has had one out for like 5 years now.

No they’re just ict brackets.

ICT Billet LS Remote Mount Coil Relocation Brackets D585 LSX Swap Heat Sink LM7 LR4 LQ4 L59 LQ9 LM4 L33 LH6 L92 L76 LY2 LY5 LY6 LC9 LMG L98 L96 LC8 551562 https://a.co/d/2LjBfKh

I’m surprised diy didn’t come out with the ms3 based pnp for box bodies years ago. Stinger has had one out for like 5 years now.
From my talks with them [I am a DIY dealer] they did not want to directly compete with other suppliers to a degree. The move now makes sense as the MS3PRO and the stinger pimpxs do not use the same hardware platform. The DIY stuff uses the MS3PRO module and the Pimpxs is an MS3X design.

From my talks with them [I am a DIY dealer] they did not want to directly compete with other suppliers to a degree. The move now makes sense as the MS3PRO and the stinger pimpxs do not use the same hardware platform. The DIY stuff uses the MS3PRO module and the Pimpxs is an MS3X design.
Correct, they are a good bit different.

I’m just not understanding why the ms3 (standard, X, or pro) has been out for years now and diy hasn’t capitalized on it.

Or even if they had a drop on tfi sbf harness for their pro ultimate system, I would’ve surely bought that. I would love some more inputs right now.

Maybe the market isn’t big enough, I don’t know.

Correct, they are a good bit different.

I’m just not understanding why the ms3 (standard, X, or pro) has been out for years now and diy hasn’t capitalized on it.

Or even if they had a drop on tfi sbf harness for their pro ultimate system, I would’ve surely bought that. I would love some more inputs right now.

Maybe the market isn’t big enough, I don’t know.
if you just need an input card PM me with details, We do sell our Expansion separate from the Dash. It will act like a canbus I/O extender

I have asked myself that question for years, I think they wanted to possibly use up the stock they had on MS2pnp???
I really enjoy using the MS3propnp stuff on pretty much everything I tune at least one a week.

if you just need an input card PM me with details, We do sell our Expansion separate from the Dash. It will act like a canbus I/O extender

I have asked myself that question for years, I think they wanted to possibly use up the stock they had on MS2pnp???
I really enjoy using the MS3propnp stuff on pretty much everything I tune at least one a week.
I talked to Kurtis about getting the I/o module separately, I just haven’t been in too much of a rush to actually do it. Really I’m ok as far as I/o are concerned now. Down the road if I wanted to do a turbo setup I’d need some more though.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/qH7gvkuHLxo?feature=share

Got it running. Don’t mind the vac lines as it’s just temporary anyways.

Reactions: 1 users
4238CEAB-A0C3-4520-82F3-6D30C99C0C8F.png
FF2FFD34-7B7C-4036-8DCD-D81803F58DA1.png

Took the car out with the new intake. In the datalogs the box r values are on the left hand, ported cobra on the right. After about 5500rpm the cobra starts to make more boost, so it would be a bit of a restriction. Blower doesn’t really care though. Seems to be a bit richer with the cobra intake, I’ll have to change some of the ve table.

Honestly the cobra feels really similar to the box, like it’s not like it feels like it makes loads more torque or anything.