Progress Thread Project Silver Fox - 3rd time’s a charm

FD319D70-9518-412C-BD43-2B38D45AAC61.jpeg

Dyno’d the car today.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Surprised
Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Got my friend’s vert all finished up. Did a performer rpm intake, 190cc 11r heads, and a summit e303 plus camshaft. Ended up having to retard the cam 4* to gain intake valve clearance, but wound up with just over .080 and miles on the exhaust. With the v2 on it, it’s a really fun cruiser. Running a pimpxs with 80lb injectors.

85A0A319-39D9-4F7E-B827-606B73A4C7A0.jpeg
DB17E66E-3CA5-46A3-9691-1895B02123AF.jpeg

The dogs really wanted to be in the picture lol.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Man, I’m so excited to have a blown 5.0! Good work, very nice build there
I appreciate it. The car has came a long way since when he bought it at the beginning of the year. The blower is definitely the way to go with a street car, especially if it’s a stick.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
C783FCFA-5E6E-4C70-BE11-999F5140FEF2.jpeg

Going to be ditching the trick flow valve covers in favor of these ones I bought from woody. Going to take them to a local place that does powder coating on Monday. Just need to test fit them and make sure they clear everything first.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
F2109807-046D-403D-A5DF-AD99CE70D60C.jpeg

Glad I decided to test fit them before powder coating. Turns out they have -12 bungs on them :doh:

Looks like I’ll have to cut the bungs off, and have someone who’s far better at welding aluminum to put some -10s on. Probably scoot them over a little too so I can get the breather line on easier too.

• Ah yes, I see.  I see.
E49D993F-7C19-46B2-BB80-B14C2250AA0C.jpeg

Got the bungs welded on. I like how these are about an inch shorter than the trickflow ones I had on. Gonna run them for a couple days and then take em off and send them to powder coat.

DCDD33D3-9430-4E33-BE4E-F987FB70CCF1.jpeg

Got my friend’s 87 vert 100% done today. Did a motion breather can setup, and got some short trick flow valve covers on with some screw on an fittings. I’ve never used them before, but they seem to be nice.

306 with a hyper replacement piston, v2, 190 11r, performer rpm, long tubes, and a summit e303 plus cam. It’s a really fun cruiser to drive around. Plus it’s got some big ass flowmasters so it’s quiet as hell.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anybody know why pictures are showing up sideways now? Lol

Also, got some sheathed wire as well as some alpha braid to get the traction control wiring setup. Will be using a front abs reluctor and the trans vss

44BA27BA-FF3E-4616-B29A-D70B94814274.jpeg

04E5D638-3469-43F1-91CC-E345990E00A8.jpeg

Little PSA for anyone running the evil energy brand of an fittings you can buy on Amazon: watch out. This one developed a crack on the neck after a couple miles. Luckily it was just on a breather line of a friend’s fox as I refuse to use them on fuel lines

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
04E5D638-3469-43F1-91CC-E345990E00A8.jpeg

Little PSA for anyone running the evil energy brand of an fittings you can buy on Amazon: watch out. This one developed a crack on the neck after a couple miles. Luckily it was just on a breather line of a friend’s fox as I refuse to use them on fuel lines
I use them all over my projects, I have not had any issue with the evil energy brand personally. I suppose just like anything else it can happen.

I use them all over my projects, I have not had any issue with the evil energy brand personally. I suppose just like anything else it can happen.
The only fittings I’ve ever had issues with are the Amazon ones. I have friends who have used their ptfe stuff with good success, so it’s definitely possible it’s rare. I’ve just never seen a -10 crack like that.

maybe it was overtightened? or the fitting had weight applied to it [like a hand on it when leaning over the engine?? :shrug:
Nah, it was honestly barely even snugged since it’s just a breather tank line. Really you can put a decent amount of torque on an fittings without issue. It was only a couple days old and no maintenance had been done on the car, so it wasn’t leaned on.

:poo: just Happens sometimes.

7E5ACB11-8CF7-4CAA-8F74-E3FB9AB861E1.jpeg

So we got the steering shaft changed on my friend’s 87 very. The maximum Motorsport one we put in is really nice.

Unfortunately, George drove the car around, and his coolant temp sender is really finicky. Long story short is the thermostat decided not to open, or the water pump impeller failed because the engine got HOT. Cooked a head gasket on both sides. Smoke starter pouring out the tailpipes, we pulled over and the radiator was stone cold. :leghump:

A372663B-EBBC-4E0B-B3F1-2AC9DF2DB0F9.jpeg

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Been roughly 3000 miles so it was time for an oil change. A bit of an alarming discovery again on the drain plug. This was on there.

5F4F8EEE-71DB-4776-AC7C-D39B442C59D1.jpeg

I’m talking about the large black piece that is. It kind of looked like a piece of metal, but it turned out to break apart like plastic. I’m concluding it’s loctite that fell into the pan when I removed the flywheel a few months ago, so it’s all good.

7 qts of maxima went into the pan. Weird to think I’ve had that digital dash in the car for almost 8000 miles now per the odometer.

• Surprised