Scarlet Rose Fckery.......

Is driving with your heel off the floor normal ? Driving with just your tip toes ?

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Ya'll my step son got me a my first parts for my car!!! I think he likes me.... and Scarlet Rose!
She definitely needed them... I'm excited :rock:
20210730_214349.jpg
20210730_214335.jpg
20210730_214328.jpg

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
The core support has been straightened out. It was bent and buckled in a few places from the previous owner rear ending a truck. It's all good now.

20210729_180404.jpg

20210729_185225.jpg

Painted the radiator hold downs. Almost good as new.

20210729_202802.jpg

The hatch lift shocks also got put on.

20210729_183410.jpg

The left side hatch hinge is bad causing the hatch to shift with the new pressure. I'll order some hinges for her soon. I'm proud of this woman. She's been working on Scarlet Rose steady.

Last edited:
  • Love
There's now a yes or no poll added to the top of this thread. Please, let us know if it's normal or not. Do you guys drive with your tip toes and heel off the floor ?

There's now a yes or no poll added to the top of this thread. Please, let us know if it's normal or not. Do you guys drive with your tip toes and heel off the floor ?
Are you kidding? I'm over 6 ' and have a size 10 1/2 foot. I can drive with my heals on the floor from the back seat, I do have to take the reds one off when I drive, stilettos keep getting caught in the carpet. :jester:

• Haha
My right heel stays pretty well on the floor and my toe stays just this side of the radiator.

My left foot stays on the floor until it's time to do something.

Reactions: 1 users
I do have 94 spindles sitting around.
Here's a thought to go part way with the 5 lug conversion. Put the 94 spindles on. Buy hubs from a '89-90 T-bird (same hub center as SN) and you want the smooth back type. Get rotors from 89-94 T-bird (possible for some later ones too but I didn't check), they are same diameter, same thickness and 0.008" difference in height (1.828 for SN vs 1.836 for T-bird).

T-bird hub.jpg t-bird hub 2.jpg
The hub on the left is what you want. Second pick to show what you don't.

Then use one of the existing holes/studs for reference and redrill hub and rotor to 4-lug. Use some 99-04 PBR calipers, upgrade MC and have some better braking performance. Then someday when the urge to go 5 lug happens, just swap hub and rotor and your fronts are done (assuming using stock SN rotors)

IMG_1010.JPG IMG_1009.JPG
Redrilled hub. Nevermind the caliper mount adapter, I was using an 11.8" rotor and different caliper (needed 16" wheels to clear).

Reactions: 1 user