Fox Steering Wheel Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I had this one on my old 93 GT. I forget the Grant model number but I spent a while finding a wheel I liked.
100_2224.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Saw this thread was a year old, I recently replaced my interior with the lmr.com corbeau interior with black carpet and new front seats. Problem is, my 93gt doesn't have a tilt wheel and the seats raise me up quite a bit so I'm looking to get a smaller steering wheel. I am under the impression I need a hub adapter and wheel? Anyone know where I can get one for a decent price, everything I see is like 250$ for the wheel and 100$ for the adapter, or is that the going price of things.

Unfortunately that's the going rate unless you opt for cheaper components off ebay and such. Typically, as with anything, you get what you pay for.

Could always install an OEM wheel like an 84-86 non cruise sport wheel as these tend to be very popular.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I cant find any info on where my steering wheel came from and it's driving me nuts. Maybe someone on here can tell me.
What I do know is it is an original MOMO steering wheel with the functional OEM cruise control buttons. What's special about this one is that the cruise control buttons dont stick out from the center cover, like some of the momos on the Saleens, this one they're integrated on the cover itself. I have yet to find another steering wheel like it so maybe it's a special one off or is just extremely limited? Any help is appreciated!
20171014_174300.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I cant find any info on where my steering wheel came from and it's driving me nuts. Maybe someone on here can tell me.
What I do know is it is an original MOMO steering wheel with the functional OEM cruise control buttons. What's special about this one is that the cruise control buttons dont stick out from the center cover, like some of the momos on the Saleens, this one they're integrated on the cover itself. I have yet to find another steering wheel like it so maybe it's a special one off or is just extremely limited? Any help is appreciated!.

That's a momo Monte Carlo with the Momo horn pad. The factory 87-89 cruise buttons are integrated into the pad and the momo 3-ring hub can allow for cruise to be used. It's very possibly a Saleen wheel as they had a few catalog offerings for different wheels other than the standard Momo Veloce that was installed originally.

If you look on the backside of the wheel on the lower spoke, it will have the date of manufacture. That could be a clue as to it's origins

I have a question about using cruise from my stock 88 steering wheel on a momo or some other after market wheel. I can't find a horn pad like the one shown above. Are there any other options or adapters? I'd really like to keep the cruise controls, and I not to fond of the stock wheel. Thanks

I would check into saving the wiring and buttons for a primitive hook-up . Need to be an electrical pro. You have to gut the wiring in my opinion. No room for it.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 260