Fox Steering Wheel Thread

• Sponsors (?)

P1030350.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
My LX is a 92 that had the CC buttons in the wheel originally like all foxes. The column in the car now is a tilt column from an '89. I used the CC buttons from the '89 wheel and mounted them in the ashtray. Easy to reach when you need them, close the lid to hide them when you don't.

cc-tray.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Nice.^^. A wheel is on my list as well. Didnt think about the cruise control buttons, which i'll need to keep. Will check that guy on ebay when im about to purchase.
Looked to easy to not try to make own.Started with a cardboard template then transferred to 18 gauge steel,hour or so later had a working cruise button mount.Hardest part was coming up with a way to mount the switches but wasn't too bad.
momowheel001_zpsfe8d3163.JPG
my

Reactions: 1 users
I don't care for any of the aftermarket wheels, UNLESS I was making a ton of mods to the car (particularly interior mods). I prefer the factory steering wheel. However......mine is factory leather wrapped (93 GT) and the leather is trashed. Who's had theirs recovered and by whom? I called all the upholtery shops in this area and nobody does steering wheels. Actually I've got 2 that need to be re-done, also need one done on my F250.

I don't care for any of the aftermarket wheels, UNLESS I was making a ton of mods to the car (particularly interior mods). I prefer the factory steering wheel. However......mine is factory leather wrapped (93 GT) and the leather is trashed. Who's had theirs recovered and by whom? I called all the upholtery shops in this area and nobody does steering wheels. Actually I've got 2 that need to be re-done, also need one done on my F250.

Might be a cheaper/easier option

Or if you want something a little different

couldn’t wrap my head around putting an aftermarket wheel in my car so that’s why it got the 86 wheel to begin with . Here it is now

4F1A2BA0-75F9-42C5-9370-E6D0C27AE6B9.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
I can definitely see an entire steering section swap in my future. New Cardone 22-2000 rack, MM steering shaft, new inner and outer Moog tie rods and an adjustable steering wheel shaft. While I like the stock look, I find the permanently fixed '90-'93 steering wheels terrible for spirited driving. I'm thinking everything can be sourced for around $600?

I will say that going with the cardone 22-2000 rack and suppprting mods and the Momo wheel has been one of my favorite mods to date. Steering feels so much better

Plus, I think it looks great for an aftermarket wheel, but perhaps due to being conditioned to the look with Fox Saleens and the similar Momo Veloce wheel
65D8B555-683E-43D9-97BE-2B9990D0C8DC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I will say that going with the cardone 22-2000 rack and suppprting mods and the smaller diameter Momo wheel has been one of my favorite mods to date. Steering feels so much better

Plus, I think it looks great for an aftermarket wheel, but perhaps due to being conditioned to the look with Fox Saleens and the similar Momo Veloce wheel
65D8B555-683E-43D9-97BE-2B9990D0C8DC.jpeg
Cool. Thanks for the write up. One forgets how bad the stock steering is in these cars -dead spot in the middle of steering. Add a 100,000 miles or more and it gets a little frightening. Yet again another justification to keep the mod bug going.

Iv been driving for the first time with the Cardone two and a half turn with my Momo and it feels like my daughters Honda Civic . I can hardly believe it . Never thought my car would be like this . John Dirks has the best idea for the money . I could not figure how to hook up the horn on the Momo . So I made a remote. Never use it anyway . And for my last comment . The good old classic Grant wheel , three hole version is a great aftermarket piece . Looks great on our cars. Thanks for the chance . Happy Thanksgiving - Greatfull for my awesome old car !!!!

What I didnt like about the non tilt air bag wheel on my 92 was gauge visibility. I found myself having to stretch upright in order to get a full view. The 3 spoke Grant on an 89 tilt column solved that problem.

Reactions: 1 user