Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

Simple fix, here is a snip of how the valve should be setup in the idle control drop box. on the MS2pnp the idle valve polarity needs to be inverted, as of now your valve is slamming open [on yours the valve sees 10% but opens to 90%] the settings below will fix the issue.
MS2PNP idle valve settings.PNG

EDIT: leave the car in open loop idle 'warm up for now until you get the basics down'
Thank you very much will give this a go very soon.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello, new to MS here. A couple of questions to start.

I'm running the MSPNP2 on my 92. I had the car tuned and the tuner used his laptop for the work. I have the program installed on my laptop at home and I want to know how to upload his tune without screwing it up. The tune is not locked.

Another question, does the PNP work with PLX afr?

Thanks!

Hello, new to MS here. A couple of questions to start.

I'm running the MSPNP2 on my 92. I had the car tuned and the tuner used his laptop for the work. I have the program installed on my laptop at home and I want to know how to upload his tune without screwing it up. The tune is not locked.

Another question, does the PNP work with PLX afr?

Thanks!
You should be able to connect to the MSPNP2 with your laptop, click File and Save Tune As and save it. I'm using a PLX with my MSDIYPNP and it works fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Make sure when you connect, if it says there is a mismatch and asks if you want to use controller settings or TunerStudio settings, you select controller (ECU) settings. If you do the opposite, you replace the tune on the ECU with whatever is open in TunerStudio.

Then you file>save as like stated above.

Reactions: 1 users
You should be able to connect to the MSPNP2 with your laptop, click File and Save Tune As and save it. I'm using a PLX with my MSDIYPNP and it works fine.

Make sure when you connect, if it says there is a mismatch and asks if you want to use controller settings or TunerStudio settings, you select controller (ECU) settings. If you do the opposite, you replace the tune on the ECU with whatever is open in TunerStudio.

Then you file>save as like stated above.

Thanks gentlemen, more questions to come!

I will. I have some warm start issues that I need to work on.
Warm start issues can usually be resolved by adding to the ASE afterstart enrichment and ASE taper. the sensor in the lower manifold has a tendency to "heatsoak" the hot area of the ASE curve will be non linear with an increasing number after 140* typical values are around 30% at full hot

Warm start issues can usually be resolved by adding to the ASE afterstart enrichment and ASE taper. the sensor in the lower manifold has a tendency to "heatsoak" the hot area of the ASE curve will be non linear with an increasing number after 140* typical values are around 30% at full hot

It starts up just fine, but then idles for a few seconds and dies. Once it's running for about 20-30 seconds, it idles fine.

Unfortunately, my WB isn't yet connected to the ECU. I'm under the impression (now) that since the car was tuned with an outside afr, that connecting to my plx device may have a negative effect on the tune.
It will not unless the AFR targets are off from what you have in the table... even then you can just leave the WB correction off... but have the datastream to look at in a datalog.

regardless of its connection to the ecu my previous statement is still the correct way to deal with your restart issue.

Reactions: 1 user
It will not unless the AFR targets are off from what you have in the table... even then you can just leave the WB correction off... but have the datastream to look at in a datalog.

regardless of its connection to the ecu my previous statement is still the correct way to deal with your restart issue.

Thank you. I'll dig into this today and see if I can figure any of it out.

I answered your question on corral but this forum tends to be more active to MS so it would be a good place for your questions. It appears the responses here are similar to what I stated on the other site as well. Install the wideband but make sure to calibrate the settings in your tune so the ECU properly interprets the wideband data. There is only a negative effect if you don't calibrate, which is why I asked about it being installed after the tune was done.

Reactions: 1 user
I answered your question on corral but this forum tends to be more active to MS so it would be a good place for your questions. It appears the responses here are similar to what I stated on the other site as well. Install the wideband but make sure to calibrate the settings in your tune so the ECU properly interprets the wideband data. There is only a negative effect if you don't calibrate, which is why I asked about it being installed after the tune was done.

Thank you for the help over there. I noticed after posting on both forums that what you say is true, definitely more active here. This is all very new to me and a little intimidating, so I'll be taking it one step at a time.

I still can't figure out how to upload the tune. It says I need a valid ECU configuration file when I create a new project.