Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

For future reference...

. As far as the cam sync for sequential injection, I used the Price Motorsports option, but you can combine parts from a 3.8L V6 (Windstar van or similar) and the Explorer 5.0 cam sync. You need the housing from the 5.0 and the shaft from the 3.8 for the 351W. The 351W cam sync will also fit 351C, 351M, and 400M engines too.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0-5-8-engine-tech/1802946-351w-efi-swap-crank-trigger.html

http://forums.corral.net/forums/5-0...talk-distributorless-crank-triggers-such.html

You definitely want to have a press handy to be able to do it easily. But yes other than that it's a direct drop in. The 5.0 and 5.8 blocks are the same in the distributor area. Common misconception is that the 5.8 needs a longer shaft because of the taller deck height. This is not the case. The 5.8 just happens to have a larger pump drive hex.

@Boosted92LX I added more info here
Are you planning on running sequential injection? I know our system is setup for semi-sequential, may need to mod the ms for sequential.

This will however with cop, open up a lot more options for tuning.

Are you planning on running sequential injection? I know our system is setup for semi-sequential, may need to mod the ms for sequential.

This will however with cop, open up a lot more options for tuning.
Nah, just batch for now. I'm gonna try and keep things as simple as possible for the sake of getting it running

Reactions: 1 user
My cars older then me . yikes .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
Oh crap......I was 24 when ford made mine......:ack:, oh well, at least @madmike1157 is way older than me!:fap:
So, just how old IS @jrichker anyhow? @Noobz347 sounds like he may have a couple years under his belt as well.

I was 16 when @hoopty5.0 was born..
Me too.
First thing I did when I got the keys to my first "solo" drive was to see how fast I could go on a back road. Floored it to 75 and thought I was flying! Lol. Month later had first accident on a gravel country road and took out a farmers fence. Had to walk to farmers house and use his phone to call my dad. Stupid kid! And boy oh boy was that a long walk to make that call. Didn't get to drive for about 3 months and worked all the next summer to pay for the damages. Bought my first mustang in 89'

Reactions: 3 users