Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg

Preview of things to come. If you use a little imagination, you can almost see it!

Reactions: 6 users
Hate to see Piston melt or a rod thrown and ruin the whole thing. Why not now?

Joe
Notice the cold shoulder......with regard to answering your question.

Here,...Let me.

*** Me,...Posing as Hoopty/aka Collin.

"Well Joe, It's like this. Let's call this thing the "It's not the best Idea, but it's the best Idea I got" .........For now.

See Joe, for whatever reason,... I got this " I gotta get the car running, lest I doom it to jack stand purgatory" thingy eating away at my ass.. You're right, your concerns for longevity are warranted,..But I know me.
Adding the additional machine work required to get the proper recip assy put in place will add time and money to the build. (Both precious commodities at this point in the build) Ordinarily, it would make sense,..(Especially since I already have the sht to do this ) To just wait,and do it right. But, (again, knowing me) leaving the car down for an extended period will amount to justifying whether or not it serves it's intended purpose. If It sit's long enough, the little red dude that pops up on your shoulder and says " Go on Collin,...sell that btch,....Why are you funneling all of your money into something that wont run for.....***insert time here** months? Wouldn't we be better off selling this pig off, and cutting our losses now?".

I keep telling myself that getting it running, and possibly blowing it up in the quest of more power is a better solution to building it to withstand that power from the jump,----(Especially since I already have the sht to do this) because it'll be running, and I can tell that little red dude to go phck himself, instead of caving in and submitting to his will.

In the end though, if I do blow it up,..the little red dude wins.. (Because he is the Devil after all,..And he gets his kicks out of seeing me bleed)

So,.........where was I???

*** back to me**

Does that help?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry, didn't see this. There are guys running low 9s and even high 8s - safely and repeatedly. The trick is to keep the timing very low, like 15 degrees total. If they can do it, so can I.

This guy is my motivation:
http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/358359-1980-Notch-351-S480-8-11-13-9-73-140

And Mike is more or less right, less the punctuation errors.
No more,...I was just trying to get all that crap in before you and the wife go out to Cap'n D's for dinner.

The ribeye (apparently my phone doesn't know that word BTW) I have on my BAGG (big-assed-gas-grill) sounds way more appealing than your chicken boobies. Nice to actually have a nice night off, been working 2nds and weekends for two months now.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, didn't see this. There are guys running low 9s and even high 8s - safely and repeatedly. The trick is to keep the timing very low, like 15 degrees total. If they can do it, so can I.

This guy is my motivation:
http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/358359-1980-Notch-351-S480-8-11-13-9-73-140

And Mike is more or less right, less the punctuation errors.
While I see what you're saying/doing...I'm concerned for your motors well being lol. Melting a piston isn't a big deal but throwing a rod through the block..:notnice:

Hopefully you don't find out :)
While the pan is off and you're throwing some bearings in at least put some good rod bolts in. Just my .02:shrug: