Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg

Fuel stuff showed up. I also stumbled upon enough funding to hopefully finish the engine/turbo kit in its entirety. We will see how far it'll carry me!

Reactions: 6 users
Hmm. Have you seen these before? May be able to return stuffs and come out ahead with these.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...ctId=277278&storeId=10001&sType=&pgGrp=search
Well, if you took each of those hoses and cut the ends off, you'd get what I need. No longer running factory rails, which is what those plug in to. I just need to find some line that is gasoline compatible.

And I forgot to bring my 'inheritance' check with me today. I was gonna deposit it at lunch and go on a spending spree, Ohhh well.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, if you took each of those hoses and cut the ends off, you'd get what I need. No longer running factory rails, which is what those plug in to. I just need to find some line that is gasoline compatible.

And I forgot to bring my 'inheritance' check with me today. I was gonna deposit it at lunch and go on a spending spree, Ohhh well.

I could be wrong, but I think the efi connection on one end of that hose unscrews leaving an AN fitting you could screw into your rail. That's why i said return all the other stuff for credit on these. But I'm not certain. It may indeed be cheaper to buy hose, then again it might not. :shrug:

Edit: after a second look, yeah I was right. They are just two premade -AN fuel lines with screw on efi fittings. If it were me, I'd tally up what you spent money on and see if it's cheaper. They will work.

I could be wrong, but I think the efi connection on one end of that hose unscrews leaving an AN fitting you could screw into your rail. That's why i said return all the other stuff for credit on these. But I'm not certain. It may indeed be cheaper to buy hose, then again it might not. :shrug:

Edit: after a second look, yeah I was right. They are just two premade -AN fuel lines with screw on efi fittings. If it were me, I'd tally up what you spent money on and see if it's cheaper. They will work.
I looked at what I bought versus those. It's close, within $10.

I would love to see the markup on any of the stainless braided hose.

Check ebay.... I was just looking at 6an line with fittings 73$....

Made in China though, prolly right next to where the ones you just bought were made.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Everything of and related to the turbo system has been ordered.

76mm On3 turbo
feed/drain kit
eBay intercooler kit
eBay BOV/WG
various V bands
T4 flange

Picking up some tubing from a buddy, and I already have the material for a down pipe.

*edit - also got a regulator and the right hose for fuel from Summit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users