Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

With summit having a store in Georgia, I can get my packages next day. However, they also charge tax. I have found that Jegs will usually match summit's price though, and they usually ship for free.

Joe

And I'll add my thought here as politically correct as I can be.......

Jegs Sucks.

try buying something off their website. It'll take a thousand extra seconds to find the same thing you could find on Summits in one click.

Jegs=Weakness.

Reactions: 3 users
Allllllllllright then. The people have spoken.

always thought jeg's was more of a chebby place. Their catalog has 2 pages of mustang specific parts.
This caught my attention. I've always felt that the automotive aftermarket - as an umbrella statement - was geared toward the Chevy crowd. Hell, even swap meets; have you ever seen such a collection of mullets??

And we are quickly sneaking up on 2 weeks of duration at the machine shop. Machine shop purgatory is a real thing, people! I'm going to wait until Friday before I call and start being that annoying winged insect that flies around your ears until you finally stop what you are doing to focus on killing it.

Reactions: 1 users
try buying something off their website. It'll take a thousand extra seconds to find the same thing you could find on Summits in one click.

I've always had the opposite problem. Maybe we use different sides of the brain for cognitive reasoning. I mean, Jegs can't be that difficult if the cave-dwelling Chevy mongers can figure it out, right?

Chevy Mongers use the phone.

Ah yes. how could I forget this gem I have hiding on my work computer for occasions specifically such as this.

hello-jegs.jpg

I've always had the opposite problem. Maybe we use different sides of the brain for cognitive reasoning. I mean, Jegs can't be that difficult if the cave-dwelling Chevy mongers can figure it out, right?

Jeg's is kinda like LMR's competition. They offer a ton of stuff, but you call to tech support or help with an order, you get a slack jawed mouth breather on the phone. And, yeah. They are geared toward chevy. I called one day and asked for someone that could tell me which frpp driveshaft i needed for a tko in a fox.. talked to four different people and zero had a clue what i was even asking.

Last edited:
Allllllllllright then. The people have spoken.

This caught my attention. I've always felt that the automotive aftermarket - as an umbrella statement - was geared toward the Chevy crowd. Hell, even swap meets; have you ever seen such a collection of mullets??

And we are quickly sneaking up on 2 weeks of duration at the machine shop. Machine shop purgatory is a real thing, people! I'm going to wait until Friday before I call and start being that annoying winged insect that flies around your ears until you finally stop what you are doing to focus on killing it.
The only thing worse than chassis jail is the machine shop...

Reactions: 1 user
The only thing worse than chassis jail is the machine shop...
When I had the dart motor done I ordered the motor in the end of October . I'm pretty sure it showed up finally in February . And I had sent him the heads and all the other stuff in December . Such hell waiting on others . Lmao

That's BS man.

I think at this point, it's too little, too late for the time being. I'm gonna be in Missouri this weekend and next weekend I'm gonna be riding the MS150, so who knows when it'll be. All y'all need to know is I have no intentions on selling anything yet. :D

The machine shop did finally call yesterday -

Machinist - "Heeey Collin, we finally got around to pulling your heads apart and -"
Me - "Whooooaaa man, I brought you a block!"
Machinist - (long pause) "OH. Right. Yeah, I was looking at the wrong page. Uhhmm... Hopefully end of the week."

Click.

Thanks for the confidence boost, Mr. Machinist.

That's BS man.

I think at this point, it's too little, too late for the time being. I'm gonna be in Missouri this weekend and next weekend I'm gonna be riding the MS150, so who knows when it'll be. All y'all need to know is I have no intentions on selling anything yet. :D

The machine shop did finally call yesterday -

Machinist - "Heeey Collin, we finally got around to pulling your heads apart and -"
Me - "Whooooaaa man, I brought you a block!"
Machinist - (long pause) "OH. Right. Yeah, I was looking at the wrong page. Uhhmm... Hopefully end of the week."

Click.

Thanks for the confidence boost, Mr. Machinist.

NEVER trust a machinist.