Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, y'all can take solace in the fact that you can refer back to this page in the future and provide me with a post number that says, "We told you so."

Is it necessary to put in good internals? No. Is it good insurance? Yes.

I won't be spinning it high or running high psi on this setup. No more than 12-15 degrees of timing. It will be very mild for now.

Well, y'all can take solace in the fact that you can refer back to this page in the future and provide me with a post number that says, "We told you so."

I won't be spinning it high or running high psi on this setup. No more than 12-15 degrees of timing. It will be very mild for now.

Hey... We got cam bearings and cylinders honed. I'm good!:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
What does the D stand for? I'm hesitant to eat there until I know...?
It stands for Danner. The first initial of the last name of one of the founders of that fine dining establishment.

Google.......all you have to do is ask the question...

There now,...you know it's not Cap'n Dicks.....

That would be a different restaurant in the east side of SOHO in NYC, serving different parts of the anatomy to the discriminating customer,...not asking for seafood, but rather......."me" food.

Well you got to make the money for that beast you're building!
Damn straight, haven't had a paycheck less than $900 that whole time.

Wondering how short the "for now" will be.

image.jpeg

Mo parts coming

Reactions: 4 users
Well, I have officially exhausted my financial resources for the moment. Machining is paid for, I have enough for rings and bearings.

Nothing left for power adders. :(

I have an ace up my sleeve though. And I randomly got a check in the mail for $100 today. (And a bill for $30.)

I will be getting an inherited coin collection appraised this weekend. We need it to be a fancy one...

Cross yer fangers!

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I have officially exhausted my financial resources for the moment. Machining is paid for, I have enough for rings and bearings.

Nothing left for power adders. :(

I have an ace up my sleeve though. And I randomly got a check in the mail for $100 today. (And a bill for $30.)

I will be getting an inherited coin collection appraised this weekend. We need it to be a fancy one...

Cross yer fangers!

1. Get a job as male exotic dancer.

2. Buy car partz.

We've covered this already..

Reactions: 2 users
I went ahead and ordered all the fuel line stuff I needed last night. Going with -6 push-loc. It will be plenty for what I'm doing - at least for now. I'll get the regulator next week.

SyWx5Q.jpg

Im just waiting on the block now and might have it today. I can theoretically assemble a shortblock with the parts I have. I just bought some ARP head bolts but still need head gaskets. Otherwise I could build the motor into a long block.

SO.DAMN.CLOSE.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users