The Not A Build Thread, Build Thread - no carb yet but other stuff happening - Page 6

LOL. I'm not hard to find; just look for the pieces of cars scattered all over a garage and that will be me.

It's funny you mentioned Foureyed Pride. I am a member of that group and did just post pictures of it on their site. Yes, they do hate modifying foureyes with aero front ends and the like. As long as it stays a foureye, they seem to be a bit unhappy, but no threats of being bounced from the site. I love the foureye cars, so mine will be as stock as I can get it. I just don't have as good a starting place as my son does. Mine needs paint and .... everything. It is a completely bare shell at the moment. Once I get my son's junk out of my garage, I can start work on mine.

@a91what, sorry, dude, it will be carbureted. That's what I have. I do have a NOS GT40/Explorer-style intake that I never got to use on my 95 I used to have, but I think for now it will just use the Holley 4150 I'm rebuilding. At least it's not the junk style that's on the car currently.

@karthief. I appreciate the help you've given me so far. And I'm a boob guy myself

Jim

• Sponsors (?)

I am sorry to hear you are ditching the car, but completely understand. At a certain point in time, the hassles just kill your motivation. With your 84 you will have a clean slate, and any hassles down the road will at least be your own fault! I think I am considered one of the 12, and will be around to see progress on your 84 if you post about it.

@95BlueStallion, I hate to ditch it, also, but I really want to do my coupe. Now that my son has his own, I'm back on track with it. Well, not back on track, because I need his out of here, but more on track than I was. I will either sell the 85 as a roller or part it out, whatever makes the most sense. It could be rebuilt, just not by me.

@karthief, so when I go to my avatar menu and choose an avatar, what happens to that? I'm sure they don't want avatars that are obscene, so who do I submit it to? I was thinking of changing it every now and again, so maybe that's out
Thanks
Jim

Reactions: 1 user
Sad to see the other one go, however, that coupe is so very nice. I really, really want a 4-eye coupe for myself some day.

I'm actually kind of bummed that Summit opened the store in Arlington. It's too far from me to be practical, yet its presence in Texas means I have to pay taxes on internet purchases.

@02 281 GT , it won’t actually go away. I have a party who is interested in it when I’m done. Hopefully, he will rebuild it to it’s former glory. I showed him the rust on the frame rails and he didn’t blink, so he probably has better welding skills than I do.

On the flip side, I very much would like to get my 84 coupe back to a more or less stock condition. I will need some parts to do this, like the information center, but I have time to find what I need

J8m

Reactions: 1 user
Started taking the 85 apart. I shot a few photos of the dash frame if anyone is considering an sn95 dash in their Fox

This probably the easiest method I’ve seen for this mod. The dash pad is only held on by four screws, then there’s three or four screws holding the ductwork in

63C06EEF-2F55-43CC-8B30-2167ECB09577.jpeg

This is a view from the rear of the frame

3E479E05-7AAC-4612-88A5-A1E91091A73D.jpeg

Again from the rear, this would be on the drivers side. Note the tubular support/air chamber has been angled to fit the Fox firewall

D7CC38B4-BB7C-41A0-A845-C70CAE420AE3.jpeg

This is the passenger side, also from the rear. Tabs were welded to provide support. Unlike what others have done with this mod, there was no support at the bottom; it just “floated”

EBC9D978-A24B-499F-9A53-0ED127DAD17B.jpeg

A closeup of the support tab on the bottom passenger side. This is from the front of the frame

0EDE054F-121D-4100-830E-E14F1E9C90C3.jpeg

Also from the front, this is the drivers side

CAD1DB1C-2535-4AA5-B3F8-E8552A68A4ED.jpeg

One of the top tabs

788111BB-6CB6-4A0A-9B52-D221DADBA133.jpeg

Another top tab

Hope this helps someone

Jim

Reactions: 1 users
51EA98E4-DAED-45F9-8A0C-0F8B5751044B.jpeg

Can anyone tell me if this is a sn95 or a fox heater box?

TIA

Jim
It kind of looks like mine, let me see if I can dig up a picture to compare, I'll be back.

Yours
IMG_0762.JPG

Mine from an '83
IMG_0760.JPG

Sure looks like you have a fox box. I don't know what the one from an SN95 looks like.

Last edited: