Hello guys i just purchased a 2001 mustang gt with 88000 miles on it in red . The car has different shades of red because of paint oxidation i would like to fix that too i don't know how to go about that any help in that regard would be great . I did some work on the car which inludes bbk headers, upr pipes high flow cats ,flow master mufflers ,accel super coils, upr intake ,jt pre filter catch can ,drilled and slotted rotors. However the car has some idel issue especially reversing. The car sounds amazing and the car has not been tuned and since this is my first mustang I don't know how to get it tuned professionally in NYC for now I don't want to spend money on tuner maybe in a month or two.
s-l1600.jpg
IMG_1697.JPG

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 234
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Sponsors (?)

As far as the paint goes, just save yourself the hassle and take it to a shop and tell them what you want. The idle sounds like a dirty/bad throttle body? just my experience, start by cleaning :)
And getting it tuned, i dont know of any good shops in your area. But i know american muscle has mixed reviews but i haven't had any problem with them. But obviously getting a nice dyno tune would bring more out of your car. And as far as cost for a tuner, there's a million used tuners out there, just make sure its unlocked/unmarried. I like the SCT

Reactions: 1 user
As far as the paint goes, just save yourself the hassle and take it to a shop and tell them what you want. The idle sounds like a dirty/bad throttle body? just my experience, start by cleaning :)
And getting it tuned, i dont know of any good shops in your area. But i know american muscle has mixed reviews but i haven't had any problem with them. But obviously getting a nice dyno tune would bring more out of your car. And as far as cost for a tuner, there's a million used tuners out there, just make sure its unlocked/unmarried. I like the SCT
Thank you for your response I wanted to buy the sct livewire ts tuner and there was one in my price range but i just didn't buy at the right time and it was sold. And like you suggested i will get it dyno tuned maybe in a month or so. The paint is fairly in good condition overall except the driver door and the trunk so like u said professional job would be way better in the longer run.

Thank you for your response I wanted to buy the sct livewire ts tuner and there was one in my price range but i just didn't buy at the right time and it was sold. And like you suggested i will get it dyno tuned maybe in a month or so. The paint is fairly in good condition overall except the driver door and the trunk so like u said professional job would be way better in the longer run.
If you remove the door and trunk (kinda easy), you could get a better price on the paint ;)

Reactions: 1 user